Samoa
Tonga

Last Edited By: nico1 Aug 23 14 7:30 AM. Edited 4 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Oct 19 13 1:28 PM

most of the^pacific countries consider the PG as the most important competition, so they will not want to miss it, also because it is one of the rare opportunities for them to play (competitive) matches..

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Oct 20 13 9:16 PM

I hope to see as many teams as possible.
What do you think will Northern Mariana Islands participate on Pacific Games in 2015?
I hope, intersting how strong is NMI compare to OFC teams. Can they beat Kiribati, American Samoa or Tonga?

Also I would like to see Palau and Micronesia on Pacific Games, too.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#9 [url]

Aug 18 14 8:37 AM

It would be good to see Palau build on their recent participation in the Micronesian Games. Obviously, it would also be good to see other non-FIFA teams enter (Micronesia, Tuvalu, Kiribati, Niue). Tuvalu seems the most likely to compete based on previous entries.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Aug 18 14 9:22 AM

Just received answer from Vanuatu. They will send their male team.

Yeah would be good to see the non-FIFA teams.
I know that Tuvalu works on sending both male/female teams.
Don´t know about Kiribati. I think that there is a chance since they invited OFC/FIFA officials for 2015 to check on the current progress.
Palau also works on sending a team. Good that they won silver at the Micro Games since that pushes the popularity of the sport.
Also Micronesia tries to send a team. We all know the problems to bring a team together from the FSM.
A new FSM FA president was elected. He is from Yap. They pushing football pretty far in the last couple of years.
Unfortunately I don´t see any chances of Niue fielding a team.Would be great though.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Aug 18 14 5:49 PM

I personally prefer it not beeing part of the World Cup qualification. International games are rare by these countries so at least some play more often than just a few games every four years. But more important that this opens the doors for non FIFA teams to enter.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#15 [url]

Aug 18 14 9:36 PM

It's possible - but there is not much FIFA can do about it. For example, in women's football, the Caribbean Cup is part of qualification for the 2015 World Cup. Martinique and Guadeloupe were both involved (Guadeloupe withdrew). FIFA's involvement is secondary or even tertiary - first and foremost, the Pacific Games Council is in charge, then the OFC, then FIFA. Likewise, with the women's qualification for the World Cup, it is CFU, then CONCACAF, then FIFA. FIFA are 'using' the tournament of another organisation.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Aug 19 14 4:48 AM

I have a feeling Kiribati will compete since they have already gotten some money together for the Micronesian games (even though they didn't compete). Would love to see Micronesia and Palau make an appearance. Too bad about nmi, would like to see how they match up to Oceania teams seeing as they appear to have improved in recent years.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help