Remove this ad

Lead

May 6 15 6:59 PM

Tags : :

So this years FIFA congress agenda is now out and yet again no new members listed, what do we have to get FIFA to do to get the remaining regional associate members in. I guess that we should wait and see what the outcome is in the Gibraltar case at the CAS is.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

May 7 15 3:48 PM

As far as I know only the Northern Mariana Islands being the other application, they do not as far as I know give details of rejected applications. As I said let's wait and see what the CAS case outcome is.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#6 [url]

May 30 15 8:57 PM

Idiot head reigns again. Apparently, of the 209 votes, 3 ballots were spoiled (how !?!?!?!), but Blatter got 133 of the 206 acceptable votes. The best situation we can hope for, sadly, is that he might retire due to ill health before his 4-year term is up.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 30 15 11:16 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
Idiot head reigns again. Apparently, of the 209 votes, 3 ballots were spoiled (how !?!?!?!), but Blatter got 133 of the 206 acceptable votes. The best situation we can hope for, sadly, is that he might retire due to ill health before his 4-year term is up.

Spoiled ballots are normally "cross not fully in the box", or "insulting comment written".   Hopefully the latter. 
Clearly that the vast majority of the voters are either pro-corruption, or acting so much in self-interest that they can overlook corruption.  Therefore any electable replacement is hardly likely to be beyond reproach for the foreseeable future.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jun 2 15 9:26 AM

The confederations and many national associations are still riddled with corrupt officials who have wedged themselves in. Just kicking out Blatter isn't going to change that. There needs to be a more wide ranging purge. Reboot, start again.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jun 2 15 5:32 PM

Oh happy days, oh happy days. The only down side is that it will take between 6-9 months for this all to happen, but happening it is, Blatter is going, also other changes are going to be implemented at the same time, these should be also covering the existing exco. Members. Head of CAF is the next person on my list to go.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Jun 3 15 8:57 AM

Now, among the other things, Mr. Havelange and Mr. Blatter should explain:

- Diego Maradona's affair at the 1994 World Cup. Football fans have the right to know all the truth.
- Byron Moreno's refereeing in South Korea-Italy (2002 World Cup).
- Gamal Al-Ghandour's refereeing in South Korea-Spain (2002 World Cup).
- Why Mr. Blatter refused to appear at the 2006 World Cup award ceremony.

Obviously they won't.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jun 3 15 1:52 PM

Or how about why Jack Warner and others from his region (esp Chet Greene) was allowed to repeatedly and blatantly embezzle funds, exploit ticketing etc for personal use, and any attempt to remove them locally was resisted by FIFA?

I prefer to force them to address the clear financial issues which were absolutely 100% their responsibilities, and there isn't necessarily a match or a referee in the middle of it.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jun 3 15 7:15 PM

Perhaps a more worrying thing to resolve is FIFA's lack of basic mental health checks on its executives before putting them on the committee. That poor man Jack Warner thinks The Onion is a reliable news source...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help