Remove this ad

#61 [url]

Apr 19 16 7:19 AM

Indeed an international cricket engagement. "The National Track and Field Facility, Leonora was considered as an option however, following a site visit by a team from the GFF, will require a significant amount of work to ensure its readiness."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#69 [url]

Apr 23 16 2:06 PM

Blue Lou wrote:
The fixture on the 4th is also taking place in Willemstad according to FIFA.

This is wrong.  USVI v Guyana will take place as normal in Charlotte Amalie.

The decision to put the venue as Willemstad was taken by a single person at FIFA who thought "it seemed like" this would be the case.  This is the extent to which FIFA checks venues.  It won't be fixed now until Monday, as data management does not work at weekends :-)

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

Apr 24 16 1:40 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
The decision to put the venue as Willemstad was taken by a single person at FIFA who thought "it seemed like" this would be the case.  This is the extent to which FIFA checks venues.
Surely a sackable offence.  Though knowing FIFA, they would instead suspend the culprit (on massive salary).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#71 [url]

Jun 8 16 10:10 AM

3rd Round Groups

GROUP 1
Jamaica
TBD (probably Guyana)
TBD

GROUP 2
Haiti
Saint Kitts & Nevis
TBD

GROUP 3
Curaçao
Puerto Rico
TBD (probably Antigua & Barbuda)

GROUP 4
Dominican Republic
Martinique
Trinidad & Tobago

At the moment,

Best runners-up are Guyana, Antigua & Barbuda, Suriname. These 3 have all qualified for the 3rd round.

The 4th place will go to either Guadeloupe, French Guiana or Bermuda.

Last Edited By: TheRoonBa Jun 8 16 11:25 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#73 [url]

Oct 3 16 8:45 PM

I assume Haiti's match will be, since they are (at the time of writing) about to face Matthew.

Why do all these terrible natural disasters have Western names? It'll give people an unfair bias against Westerners as destructive visitors who move in, trash the place, and leave the natives to clear up the mess. Whereas in reality, Westerners are oh wait.

Quote    Reply   

#76 [url]

Oct 12 16 12:12 PM

Some weird rules for this cup. Forcing extra time in group stage and still consider goal average is ridiculous! Puerto Rico almost scored an own goal to force extra time with Curaçao as 2-1 win wouldn't be enough. Instead they lost in extra time and Curaçao goes to the Gold Cup for the first time.

www.soccer-db.info - football internationals

Quote    Reply   

#77 [url]

Oct 12 16 1:32 PM

With Trinidad losing against Martinique, they qualified for the Fifth place playoff which is to take place in November.

Two games for Trinidad and Tobago 9-15 November.

Trinidad's World Cup qualifiers are 11 and 15 November against Costa Rica and Honduras.

It'll be interesting to see what the CFU does. If they reschedule to suit T&T, resulting in a move away from FIFA dates for the other teams.

Last Edited By: Blue Lou Oct 12 16 2:05 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#78 [url]

Oct 12 16 8:53 PM

Blue Lou wrote:
It'll be interesting to see what the CFU does. If they reschedule to suit T&T, resulting in a move away from FIFA dates for the other teams.

Wow, if only they could have possibly foreseen the tiny possibility of such a clash...  smiley: tired
There are six year old children who play fantasy leagues with their crayons who could have planned a better tournament.

Quote    Reply   

#79 [url]

Oct 13 16 6:00 PM

nfm24 wrote:
I assume Haiti's match will be, since they are (at the time of writing) about to face Matthew.
I mean, it was an unusual decision, especially as I'm not a sovereign nation, but they probably just wanted a more competitive opponent...

And I realise that joke is in poor taste, but you left me with an open goal...

Quote    Reply   

#80 [url]

Oct 13 16 9:22 PM

Hmm, yes, Matthew'sAnger indeed... you don't need to be a sovereign nation to join the CFU. You just need to give Jack Warner your undivided "loyalty", and grow a palm tree somewhere on your territory.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help