Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

Site Admin

Lead

May 28 16 8:57 AM

Tags : :

I like how teams who were previously rubbish, and have only recently become reasonable, become almost immediately complacent.
This is Botswana talking about the cancellation of their friendly match against Malawi.

The cancellation means the Zebras will go into a do-or-die Africa Cup of Nations tie against Uganda without a meaningful friendly match after sparring with lowly regular punching bags, Lesotho last weekend

They actually got quite a good game from Lesotho - coming from behind to win only 2-1.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#3 [url]

Oct 4 16 3:07 PM

I just moved house, and I have no internet in my house until 10th October, so I updated 3 days of results in all sports in an hour on a visit to a café. The newspaper report I read said that Botswana had "easily beaten" Angola 4-1 (they added the penalty shootout score to the regulation score).

I've corrected it now that I've read the "real" result.

Updates will be a bit slow over the next week or so, as I am also doing "real" work (also in cafés) until my internet access is restored, so the website is basically being updated when I have half an hour or so spare.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Oct 4 16 8:26 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
I am also doing "real" work (also in cafés)

I always wonder why they don't just turn offices etc into giant cafes, and try to fool employees into thinking they are having fun.   A lot of universities seem to be going down this route, and today I was in a bank that seemed to think it was a cafe.I hate banks.  One day we'll all figure out that they offer no discernable service of any kind.  We'll go back to using our friendly neighbourhood loan-shark.  At least he doesn't try to offer you a "free" coffee and then try to charge you £15 for printing a statement.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#5 [url]

Oct 5 16 1:57 PM

I am also not a fan of banks. Making it very difficult for you to do things with your own money, in exchange for "keeping it safe" (and sometimes charging you a monthly fee to look after it). I long for the days of the little box of money under the bed.gained from picking berries where one could casually take a few coins and buy fizzy cola bottles and then go and ride a bike around the neighbourhood until tiredness set in. But perhaps this is not a very grown-up mind-set.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Oct 5 16 8:21 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
I long for the days of the little box of money under the bed.gained from picking berries where one could casually take a few coins and buy fizzy cola bottles and then go and ride a bike around the neighbourhood until tiredness set in. But perhaps this is not a very grown-up mind-set.
It is a far better economic model than anything currently in use.  Cola bottles have real tangible worth.  After the Enlightenment there will be no banks.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help