Remove this ad

#361 [url]

Jan 9 17 10:52 AM

Kaizeler wrote:

When UEFA and FIFA disagree with eachother it's difficult...

After 5 months, I received an answer (in Russian...) from the club he now plays for (FK Khujand). His exact date of birth is 08/03/1976, so Alisher Tuychiev (Tajikistan goalkeeper) played at the age of 40y 16d during the game Australia 7-0 Tajikistan from 24/03/2016.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#362 [url]

Feb 1 17 9:50 PM

Essam El-Hadary has carried Egypt into the AFCON final (or alternatively, Burkina Faso were cruising in the pens until the Burkina keeper Koffi and then Bertrand Traoré bottled it).

Quote    Reply   

#363 [url]

Feb 5 17 5:51 PM

Can anyone find the birthdate (or approximate age) of Osman Jan, who captained Pakistan in their first match vs Iran in October 1950 ? He was a goalkeeper for Mohammedan Sporting of Calcutta in the 1930s and had played in Delhi before that, so I'm estimating his age as a minimum of 35 or more. He could appear in the oldest debutants list.

Quote    Reply   

#365 [url]

Mar 13 17 8:54 PM

I had a similar idea myself a couple of years ago. They could arrange a Japan-England friendly with a special cameo appearance, respectively, for Kazu Miura and for Paul Gascoigne, as "Gazza" celebrates his 50th birthday this May.
Or, alternatively, I propose a Japan-Italy friendly where I'll win my very first appearance for the Italian national team. After all, if Andrea Ranocchia has already won 21 caps, anyone can appear at international level...

Quote    Reply   

#366 [url]

Mar 13 17 9:28 PM

Luca wrote:
After all, if Andrea Ranocchia has already won 21 caps, anyone can appear at international level...

You obviously don't know Joël Veltman, who is an expert in passing the ball to opponents, who needs to make fouls to stop an opponent and who gives his opponent all the freedom he wishes.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#367 [url]

Mar 14 17 10:46 AM

Football is strange and full of paradoxes: he won more caps than Theo Laseroms and Joop van Daele put together. I didn't see them play, but I presume Laseroms and Van Daele were much stronger, as they were part of the Feyenoord defence that won some of the most important international titles in the 1970s.

Quote    Reply   

#369 [url]

Mar 14 17 10:00 PM

Fast Midfielder wrote:
You obviously don't know Joël Veltman, who is an expert in passing the ball to opponents, who needs to make fouls to stop an opponent and who gives his opponent all the freedom he wishes.

Hmm, it sounds like he has all the "qualities" to fit into Scotland's back four.  If he is also slower than Riquelme on mushrooms, then he will definitely have a long career in the navy blue jersey.

Quote    Reply   

#370 [url]

Mar 15 17 10:41 AM

... and Scotland, in their roaring years, always afforded not to select John McGovern, the famous captain of Nottingham Forest European champion in 1978/79 and in 1979/80, who had also won the English title in 1971/72 with Derby County and in 1977/78 with Forest. Strangely, he never won any caps with the national team. If he had played in the 2010s, he would have been a first-choice player and captain of the national team. Times have changed.

Quote    Reply   

#371 [url]

TheRoonBa wrote:
17 May: Guadeloupe 2-2 (1-0) Dominica in Les Abymes.

Here are the details for those that collect such things ;-)

18581981_1895587113986707_70376819778507

Thanks. Dominica's captain, "Euclid", is almost surely Euclid Bertrand, born on 23-07-1974. So this means he was 42y, 298d when he played for his national team last week!

Quote    Reply   

#372 [url]

Yes and he has played since at least 1998 for Dominica, probably earlier.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help