Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 30 16 7:47 PM

Tags : :

Daley Blind captained Netherlands recently twice. Last Friday after Wesley Sneijder left the pitch injured, last Tuesday the entire match against England. His father Danny also have captained Netherlands in the 1990s. Are there more fathers and sons who have captained a NT? (Only in full A-intertational matches).
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 31 16 12:06 AM

Some examples:
Maldini.
Guðjohnsen.
Ayew (Abedi 'Pelé' and André)
Kadlec.
Aubameyang.
I think Cha (Korea) but neither father nor son wast a regular captain.

I thought also Djorkaeff, but surprisingly it seems Youri was never the captain (at least, not from the start of a match).

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Mar 31 16 4:24 PM

For Italy, Almanacco Illustrato Del Calcio reports Cesare Maldini (6 times) and Paolo Maldini (74 times) and Valentino Mazzola (5) and Sandro Mazzola (5). I wouldn't exclude Julio Montero Castillo and Paolo Montero and Pablo and Diego Forlán for Uruguay or Domingos and Ademir da Guia for Brazil. Or maybe Vladimír Weiss (grand-father, son and grand-son) for Czechoslovakia/Slovakia.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Apr 1 16 6:45 PM

Fast Midfielder wrote:
Daley Blind captained Netherlands recently twice. Last Friday after Wesley Sneijder left the pitch injured, last Tuesday the entire match against England. His father Danny also have captained Netherlands in the 1990s. Are there more fathers and sons who have captained a NT? (Only in full A-intertational matches).
Note that former captain Danny is not only his father but also the coach of the national team of the Netherlands..

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Apr 2 16 12:29 AM

Well then another question could be, which coaches have picked their own sons for the national team? (or daughters, in the case of a man coaching a women's team)

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 3 16 8:19 AM

A very sad news: Cesare Maldini passed away yesterday at the age of 84. The first Italian captain to win the European Cup.

I have found out another case: Matti "Roto" Paatelainen captained Finland in 1977; his son Mika-Matti "Mixu" Paatelainen in 1998.

nfm24 wrote:
Well then another question could be, which coaches have picked their own sons for the national team? (or daughters, in the case of a man coaching a women's team)

Interesting: I'm going to open a new topic soon...

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Apr 28 16 4:20 PM

Thank you, Maestro Ennio Morrisone smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#20 [url]

Mar 30 17 9:50 AM

Luca wrote:
I'm sure the next ones will be Peter and Kasper Schmeichel of Denmark. 
26/03/2017 Romania 0-0 Denmark

Denmark's captain was Simon Kjær from the first minute, but, after he was replaced, Kasper Schmeichel wore the armband, as you can verify at minute 8:13 of the following video.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help