Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 21 16 9:21 AM

Tags : :

Crimea national team is created. Presentation will be on December, 9.

https://www.championat.com/football/news-2641702-sozdana-sbornaja-respubliki-krym.html

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

Nov 21 16 11:42 AM

They plan a quadrangular tournament in Crimea next year in March. Participants are not known yet.

First preparations will be in Yevpatoria from 2nd to 10th of December. 24 players will be called. Head coach is Valeri Petrov, former player and coach of Tavriya Simferopol.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Nov 21 16 3:57 PM

I notice the article says they are forming a representative team of the Republic of Crimea and the Federal City of Sevastopol (let's call it Crimea for short). I never quite understood why Sevastopol was not automatically considered part of Crimea itself?

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Nov 22 16 7:16 AM

Sevastopol is the main base of the Black Sea Navy and it has a special status since 1948 (also under Ukrainian jurisdiction). Both of the City of Sevastopol and the Republic of Crimea are federal subjects of the Russian Federation. It's like, for example, states in Austria, where the State of the City of Vienna isn't a part of the State of Lower Austria although it was a part of the historical Archduchy of Lower Austria.

The county of the City of London isn't a part of the county of Greater London, is it?

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

13-03-2017. Sevastopol. Sports and recreational center. 800
Crimean Spring Cup 2017. Semifinal
Crimea                                    5 (Pogoreltsev 6, Prikhodnoy 9, I. Melnik 11, Davidchuk 22, Osmanov 87)
FC Rostselmash Rostov on Don (Russia, D4) 0
Crimea:      Sergey Naumenko, Remzi Ramazanov, Anton Monakhov, Pyotr Oparin, Rollan Pogoreltsev (Vladislav Korzhinskiy 83),
             Arsen Ablyametov, Andrey Zborovskiy (Stepan Borgun 46), Maksim Davidchuk, Maksim Prikhodnoy, Sergey Melnik,
             Igor Melnik (Redvan Osmanov 47)
Rostselmash: Dmitriy Shirshov, Vadim Sklyadnev, Roman Poliyenko, Andrey Sklyarov, Sergey Sagin (Andrey Ustyuzhanin 55),
             Stanislav Khan (Pavel Stasenko 23), Georgiy Aslanidi, Roman Bogdanov, Aleksandr Selyukov, Aleksey Sugak
             (Sergey Kalnishevskiy 55), Georgiy Smurov
Referee:     Roman Bokhnyak (Sevastopol)
Coaches:     Crimea:       Valeriy Petrov
             Rostselmash:  Sergey Butenko

16-03-2017. Simferopol. Sports education and training center of national teams of the Republic of Crimea (former Lokomotiv Stadium). 500
Crimean Spring Cup 2017. Final
Crimea                        3 (Davidchuk 46, Prikhodnoy 64, Zborovskiy 69)
FC Zenit Irkutsk (Russia, D3) 0
Crimea:  Sergey Naumenko (Vyacheslav Bazilevich 46), Remzi Ramazanov, Anton Monakhov, Pyotr Oparin, Rollan Pogoreltsev
         (Vladislav Korzhinskiy 67), Arsen Ablyametov, Andrey Zborovskiy (Stepan Borgun 90), Maksim Davidchuk, Maksim Prikhodnoy,
         Sergey Melnik (Redvan Osmanov 46), Igor Melnik (Gogita Dzandzava 83)
Zenit:   Ilya Kungurov, Ivan Yakovlev, Artur Kopytin, Aleksandr Usov, Aleksey Zavrazhnov, Aleksey Yushchuk
         (Grigoriy Trufanov 79), Vitaliy Seletskiy (Vladimir Tolmachyov 69), Arkadiy Bondarenko (Stanislav Yudin 69), Yegor Chernyshov
         (Mikayel Gandilyan 58), Ivan Khleborodov, Vadim Bogdanov (Sergey Mikhaylov 58)
Referee: Yuriy Volkov (Simferopol)
Coaches: Crimea: Valeriy Petrov
         Zenit:  Oleg Yakovlev

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Next game will be against Russia University XI on 17th of May, Arena-Krym, Yevpatoria. Is it an "international"? The Crimean FU isn't a part of the Russian FU.

Last Edited By: TovKirov . Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

I suppose so. It would be a bit like British Universities vs Wales. Or maybe it is something like those Spartakiad matches of the SSRs playing against each other. Although in that case I assume all the SSR football unions were affiliated to the main Soviet one.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Why not like England vs Scotland? There are some reasons (historical) to exist of separate English and Scottish FAs. And there are some reasons (political) to exist of separate Crimean and Russian FUs :)

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

In the case of Scotland vs England, the two FAs are separate and the territories they represent are also disjoint.

As I understand it, Crimea (and Sevastopol) is now part of the Russian Federation. So Crimea vs Russia is a match between separate FAs, but not between disjoint territories.

A similar example would be Tahiti vs France.

And Guernsey vs England is a converse example. Guernsey is not part of England, but the GFA is affiliated to the FA.

Anyway, it's interesting that the RFU does not cover all Russian Federation territory. So if a player is suspended by the RFU for some reason, he could still play in Crimea :-)

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Hmm... I perceive the UK as an independent state which consists of four parts: England, Scotland, Wales, and N.Ireland. And these parts have no political independence. They share the same monarch and the same government. England itself even has no any delegated own power. In fact, the UK is more united then the RF, because it is a unitary state rather than Russia which is a federal one. No?

Yes, Crimea and Sevastopol (and all of other 83 Russian regions) are parts of the Russian Federation, but they are parts as federal self-governing entities.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

and for political and diplomatic reasons Crimea FA or FU is not part of the Russian FA; in UEFA Russian FA could face problems if they integrate Crimea....

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

TovKirov wrote:
Hmm... I perceive the UK as an independent state which consists of four parts: England, Scotland, Wales, and N.Ireland. And these parts have no political independence.
The components of the UK (except England) do have some devolved powers, but of course the UK is the entity that is recognised globally, much like Russia, but of course with differences. The best description for the whole situation is "it's complicated":

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/66/89/30/668930a21a805c8bc04fc6915ec5df05.jpg

We can chalk it up to size constraints, but the creator of this missed a golden opportunity to further Inception-ise this venn diagram. Jethou, for example, would be within a box for Herm, itself in a box for Guernsey, which would still be within the Crown Dependencies, and so on...

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

I think that the United Kingdom is also a realm of the Commonwealth and the pink frame should include the whole violet one :)

Well, my point briefly:

the independent state of the UK has four independent FAs: FA, SFA, FAW, and IFA;
the independent state of Russia has two independent FAs: RFU and CFU.

Consequently, the status of Russia vs Crimea is the same as the status of England vs Scotland, or the same as the status of Russia vs Finland, played in the 1912 Olympics. Of course with exeption of that the CFU is not affiliated to UEFA/FIFA.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

This comparison would make sense only if the word "Russia" changes meaning between :

1. "the independent state of Russia has two independent FAs: RFU and CFU."

2. "Consequently, the status of Russia vs Crimea ..."

In 1 "Russia" means the whole Russian Federation including Crimea and Sevastopol.
In 2 "Russia" means just RFU-land, without Crimea.  Or Sevastopol.  Or Guernsey.

In which case, a better name is needed because simply calling this RFU-land "Russia" or "Russian Federation" would be incorrect - or at least, confusing.   I suppose that the name "Russian Federation" could be kept for RFU-land, and then RFU+CFU-land would be renamed as the "Russian and Crimean Federation" or something.

Presumably the RFU will write to FIFA to let them know its new name in time for 2018 :-)

Last Edited By: nfm24 . Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

BTW on the subject of British self-confusion, today our Prime Minister made a speech in which she referred to an attack on the "world's oldest parliament".

My condolences to the people of Iceland.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

May be she meant the word just in that form - Parliament. In that case she seems to be right.

…would be incorrect - or at least, confusing.

Is it a unique situation? What's about China vs Hong Kong or Macau? ;-)

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Sure, and also France vs Tahiti, the example I gave above.

I suppose another relevant question for this : if a world class footballer comes from Crimea, would he be selected by Russia (RFU)?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help