Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 7 10 5:53 PM

Tags : :

Guatemala plays Japan and Salvador on the same day???
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 7 10 6:28 PM

Yes. Two NT`s one in USA and one in Japan.

They also played Nicaragua on 4. September in USA.

The team in USA is a bit weaker "B" team . FIFA do not recognize the match against El Salvador as "A" match, though the match against Nicaragua is still a "A" match.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Oct 24 12 8:59 PM

3 Guatemalan international players were banned for life cos of match fixing!
The players were involved in fixing Guatemala friendlies against Venezuela in June 2011 and Costa Rica in May 2012.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/soccer/10/24/guatemala-match-fixing.ap/index.html

www.soccer-db.info

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Oct 25 12 12:27 AM

Guillermo Ramirez has over 100 caps, I wonder how many other times he was involved in such activities.
I watched South Africa 5-0 Guatemala in 2010, from what I saw I was strongly suspicious that that match was also fixed.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 14 16 10:47 AM

I want to share a couple of legendary documents celebrating the most important win for the Guatemalan football: their triumph at the 1967 Concacaf Championship.

An article from the newspaper Prensa Libre from March 20, 1967

1zwhp9s.png

And a stamp issued in that period:

avj57o.png

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

May 22 16 9:12 AM

Directly from Twitter, a spectacular photo of the CONCACAF Championship trophy conquered by Guatemala in 1967. That was the first and only continental triumph for "Los Chapines"

1051oqs.png

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Apr 6 17 9:52 AM

Three weeks ago, Guatemala celebrated the 50th anniversary of their triumph in the CONCACAF Championship. A spectacular picture taken from Twitter showing the squad with the trophy.

2e4w7dk.jpg

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help