Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Feb 13 14 9:59 AM

Well, happy birthday to a formidable artist: Robbie Williams today turns 40. One of the last great frontmen, in my humble opinion.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#24 [url]

Jul 6 14 11:07 PM

For recent 'big American holiday', the latest episode of a popular YouTube comedy series, featuring two of history's biggest enemies to the English crown smiley: wink:

Surely it was Wallace who won there (impressively without a single use of the word "FREEDOM!"), but for people a little further north than I am, is this an accurate portrayal of a Scotsman's rapping style, or are they just two worlds that have never collided until now?

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Jul 7 14 5:28 PM

nfm24 wrote:
A new low for the Funniness to Effort ratio.
smiley: eek Cruel comment. Washington was over-acted (they do this to a few characters, their version of Mozart can be cringe-worthy at times), but the series is in the end just a bit of fun (and partly funducational smiley: wink) from a unique idea, some of their best-known ones are Steve Jobs v Bill Gates and the Darth Vader v Adolf Hitler trilogy if you want to give it another go.

Although your general sentiment that more 'effort' = less funny is one that I agree with, you have clearly never delved too deep into YouTube, I guarantee there are millions of channels that would stretch the ratio further.

So on that note, in retaliation for your harsh words, I'm left with no choice but to put this video below and ask that you re-post your comment underneath it, hopefully you will never need to say it again. May something have mercy on my soul for adding to its viewcount while fetching it:

Last Edited By: mattsanger92 Jul 7 14 6:00 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#28 [url]

Jul 7 14 10:27 PM

mattsanger92 wrote:
Although your general sentiment that more 'effort' = less funny is one that I agree with,
That's not quite the same as what I said.  I'm just puzzled by things which have an enormous amount of production value and funding invested in them etc but fundamentally little actual creative quality.  Such as any ITV sitcom ever.  Or by analogy, some of the terrible ideas  seen on "Dragons Den".

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#29 [url]

Jul 7 14 11:45 PM

nfm24 wrote:
mattsanger92 wrote:
Although your general sentiment that more 'effort' = less funny is one that I agree with,
That's not quite the same as what I said.  I'm just puzzled by things which have an enormous amount of production value and funding invested in them etc but fundamentally little actual creative quality.  Such as any ITV sitcom ever.  Or by analogy, some of the terrible ideas  seen on "Dragons Den".
Or FIFA's ranking.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Jul 8 14 9:14 PM

nfm24 wrote:
mattsanger92 wrote:
Such as any ITV sitcom ever.
Or alternatively, any sitcom (almost exclusively an American thing) that decides to invest in a laugh track, awful to watch almost all of the time. That being said, the absence of a laugh track does not necessarily mean funny, bad writing/timing (as ITV often provide) can lead to 'jokes' falling completely flat or dreaded "look at me, I'm being funny" scenes, what I meant by 'effort' earlier.

As another special comment-based treat smiley: devil for you:

Quote    Reply   

#31 [url]

Jul 27 14 4:23 PM

With the closure of the Tour de France today, below is a relevant episode from the above-featured webseries, for my ongoing trolling of Neil in this thread smiley: wink. But hopefully Luca will enjoy if no-one else:

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Sep 5 16 9:16 AM

Please let me pay my humble homage to the 70th birthday of the voice that has been, is and will be the soundtrack of my life - and of the life of at least 300 million people more!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMAl0jKIG53O8_oXp3GSr

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help