Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 21 17 5:42 PM

Tags : :

tomorrow the AGM in Lyon

on the website now: 53 members...but all the CONIFA members seem to be suspended....

is there more information available?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#2 [url]

May 4 17 12:55 PM

They seem a bit (too?) ambitious - a VIVA World Cup every year - 24 teams in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and a women's VIVA World Cup with 16 teams in 2019, 2020 and 2021.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#4 [url]

May 4 17 1:32 PM

Of the 53 members, 2 are not really FAs (NFB-Europe and NFB-Africa), 20 are suspended, and 4 are "historic" (Sardinia, Iles d'Or, South Lower Saxony, Chechens).

There are 0 active members, and all the remaining members (27) are "associate members".

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

May 24 17 2:07 PM

According to the Facebook page they will stage a European Cup with 10 teams in December in Vichy. Then a Women VIVA World Cup in summer 2018 with 12 teams of all 6 continents. They just had a press conference in Vichy today, which only they report on (so far).

I remain cautious and will only believe that a ball is rolling whenever I see it, though.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

May 25 17 6:27 AM

aren't they suspended? (membres suspendus)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

May 25 17 7:49 AM

They are, as all CONIFA members are. The Facebook page is also showing pictures of a "press conference", where those news were announced. However, not a single "press" did publish anything about it, not even Gazetta Seborga. That feels like a complete fake again

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jun 5 17 6:28 PM

Well the NFB is continuing to act much like a wartime "government in exile" so perhaps JLK sees himself more as Charles De Gaulle than Marshall Petain. Personally I'd place him more in the Chiang Kai Shek mould.

Anyway his events sound as likely to simmer over into reality as a plate of cold soup.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#17 [url]

Jun 5 17 11:16 PM

nfm24 wrote:
Well the NFB is continuing to act much like a wartime "government in exile" so perhaps JLK sees himself more as Charles De Gaulle than Marshall Petain. Personally I'd place him more in the Chiang Kai Shek mould.

Anyway his events sound as likely to simmer over into reality as a plate of cold soup.

You should never underestimate a gazpacho.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#19 [url]

Jun 6 17 2:27 PM

nfm24 wrote:
I expect the Gazpacho FA is already a member of NFB.
Their home stadium is apparently the Soup Bowl - a bit of a cauldron I hear, and the view from the stands is broth-taking.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jun 6 17 6:17 PM

That's it, ladle on the puns.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help