Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 13 17 12:47 PM

Tags : :

i'm doing a little tweaking in this sport before the International Cup. i'm pretty happy with the results, but there's a few small concerns... but i believe it mostly has to do with lack of matches played.

2014 rankings (the worst case is South Africa being underrated, not enough matches against sufficiently sized/ranked countries were played by South Africa. South Africa is currently the second best country outside of Oceania.): http://internationalsports.nfshost.com/index.php/home/load_sports/18/2014

All Time (Nauru should be in front of New Zealand? if so it has to do with lack of matches played): http://internationalsports.nfshost.com/index.php/home/load_all_time/18

2008 (Papua New Guinea beat New Zealand, but New Zealand is still in first. of course this is an average score for the year, Papua New Guinea actually finishes the year ahead of New Zealand if you view matches. this would imply that the problem lies within lack of games played).: http://internationalsports.nfshost.com/index.php/home/load_sports/18/2008

Last Edited By: abramjones Jun 13 17 11:09 PM. Edited 2 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#1 [url]

Jun 13 17 9:48 PM

Why have you called it Caid Football? (This is the name for Gaelic football, not Aussie Rules).

Where are you getting the scores from?

I just checked 2014 and most of the results are not correct. Also, what are the scores in parentheses after the main scores?

Also, the "Australia" matches you have listed are "Australian Spirit", which is a group of Australian military players playing in Europe. Australia has never fielded a senior national team - the closest thing they have fielded is the U-17 national team. I see you have a note on this - but you have basically just counted both together, and lumped in Australian Defence Force matches as well.  These are 3 completely different teams, and it doesn't really do any justice to the ranking.  I'd include the U-17 matches only, as they are the only real "national team" matches (albeit youth).

Also, it's Arafura games, not Arafuru.

Last Edited By: TheRoonBa Jun 13 17 9:56 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jun 13 17 10:34 PM

Why have you called it Caid Football? (This is the name for Gaelic football, not Aussie Rules).

Caid is a name for a variation of similar ancient sports in Ireland, but yes... Gaelic Football is referred to as Caid in some parts of Ireland. i am using Caid in a similar way as i'm using Gridiron. there are 3 variants: Gaelic football, International rules football, and Australian rules football, as these games are all related. i understand that this is disputed, but it seems more of a nationalist argument than anything else.

Where are you getting the scores from?

I just checked 2014 and most of the results are not correct. Also, what are the scores in parentheses after the main scores?

i pulled them out my ass. smiley: roll just kidding. the scores in parenthesis are the actual scores. the main scores are the adjusted scores. this is the reason behind the confusion. i have now added an explanation to that in the glossary section, sorry about that.

Also, the "Australia" matches you have listed are "Australian Spirit", which is a group of Australian military players playing in Europe. Australia has never fielded a senior national team - the closest thing they have fielded is the U-17 national team. I see you have a note on this - but you have basically just counted both together, and lumped in Australian Defence Force matches as well.  These are 3 completely different teams, and it doesn't really do any justice to the ranking.  I'd include the U-17 matches only, as they are the only real "national team" matches (albeit youth).

yes, i am aware. u-17, Australian Spirit, Australian Convicts, and Australian Defense Force results are all used when it is deemed a competent squad. whether or not they are 4 different teams is irrelevant in this case, they are representing Australia and serve the purpose of somewhat properly getting Australia listed in the rankings. i'm facing a similar situation with the United States basketball team back in the day. often they would send random teams to represent the country. however, the competition is a little more stiff in basketball so most of the United States teams from the old basketball world championship aren't used. doing so would unrealistically bring down the score of the United States.

Also, it's Arafura games, not Arafuru.

okay thanks, i had it spelled both ways in the information box smiley: embarassed fixed now.

Last Edited By: abramjones Jun 14 17 3:41 AM. Edited 6 times.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help