Remove this ad

#181 [url]

May 14 17 5:44 PM

Monaco is apparently occasionally called "Montecarlo" in Italian (possibly to distinguish it from the other Monaco?). Hopefully you'll be able to see the video on Youtube; essentially at the very end, following about 30 seconds of highlights the narrator gives the result as 0-0.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#183 [url]

May 15 17 1:45 PM

The problem is the amateur nature of both these teams (despite their independent country status). The matches seem to be organised/attended as if they were very low level amateur club matches (and for very low level non-league football in Europe, it's not always possible to get results, never mind line-ups). The 10-0 thrashing Monaco suffered at the hands of the Isle of Man a few years back is an indication of how low the quality is/how seriously they take the national team - they're probably playing at around the same level as the likes of Alderney.

Quote    Reply   

#184 [url]

May 15 17 5:52 PM

Yes, and in similar cases to this in the past I've sometimes had to resort to extracting partial lineups based solely on photos of the match. The Vatican website linked above seems fairly well organized so it would be surprising if this game went uncovered there. Monaco, on the other hand, seems to have no real presence online other than a corporate tournament (one of the members of which is the MFA itself).

Quote    Reply   

#186 [url]

May 16 17 8:15 AM

These are the main notes I managed to translate from the video in French:

-Vatican City-Monaco was the only match played by the Monaco National team in this season.
-The Monégasque Football Association receives €9,000 per season.
-The players eligible for the National team are: Monégasque citizens, men married with Monégasque women and sons of Monégasques.
-The coach is Thierry Petit, the son of the former French international Jean Petit.
-The president of the Monégasque FA is Éric Fissore, nicknamed "The Monument".
-Their most prestigious result was a 2-2 draw against Gibraltar.
-Before that game, Monaco had already faced Vatican 5 times.
-The friendly was played in Rome, at "Campo Cardinale F. Spellman", on 29-04-2017 and the result was 0-0. Monaco didn't use the traditional red and white kit, but employed a the white and sky blue kit. The level was very far from the professional standards...

I've also contacted some members of the Vatican and Monégasque football organizations in order to get additional details. If I manage to get
additional info, I'll post them.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#189 [url]

Jul 3 17 12:54 PM

WOMEN
12.6 Thailand 3-0 Taiwan in Nonthaburi.

FIFA said Thailand couldn't play Taiwan on 10.6 and 12.6 (only 2 days in between), so the 2nd match was apparently cancelled. However, it turns out it was played anyway, as a closed door match - apparently there wasn't supposed to be any news of the match released either, but it was posted as a reply to a comment on Facebook on the Thai Women's National Team page. That's the only mention of it I could find.

Quote    Reply   

#192 [url]

Jul 4 17 4:59 PM

oldest match addition?

anyway, your Estonian is OK

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help