Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Jul 12 17 6:14 PM

I hate club football. It's rubbish.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Jul 12 17 6:34 PM

club football is necessary to make players for national teams....  and I prefer lower division club football , there is a chance you find the real spirit of the game...

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

mattsanger92 wrote:
Not to mention that including that one they have at least 4 'big rivalry' games going on, gives me the impression that they're getting desperate regarding my earlier points on this topic. An interesting subplot is that they've scheduled this at the same time that the knockout rounds of this year's CONCACAF Gold Cup are going on, hopefully international football can come out of this clash on top but it's not a battle they should ever have to be fighting to begin with.
And the clash happened, and if internet discussion is anything to go by, one game was about 3-5 times bigger than the other, depending on how you measure it. For shame, casual football fans, for shame:

4c677bf19dc142b89bab4052ab22c900_r.png

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#25 [url]

Fair play to the organisers of the Cynical Marketing Goblet of Cash presented by Blobfish, looks like they're becoming self-aware. Obviously must have just misheard someone saying 'Mickey Mouse Cup' but they're on the right track at least smiley: laugh:

Second observation: this stadium is being for a more important event (the CONCACAF Gold Cup Final) in 2 days' time. Aside from that in itself being undenimining (I know what I said) to the latter, it's a continuation of that unofficial popularity contest which shouldn't even exist, and it's taking a much more direct form. Score to beat is apparently 65,109 in a 68,500-capacity stadium, failure from the Gold Cup crowd to achieve this (with the host nation playing in a Final to boot[cut]), even on a weeknight, will see me probably shed a tear...

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

I think football in the States has gone full circle, and it was actually Diana Ross in the Ronald McDonald suit. Naturally the Hamburglar would be more appropriate.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help