Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 31 09 9:30 AM

Tags : :

If one will ask me what's the most beautiful goal I have ever seen, I cannot give an answer. It is a matter of taste and one cannot argue about taste. That's why I rather speak about one of the most beautiful goals. Here I will give you a list of my favourite goals in chronological order:
20-06-1976 Czechoslovakia - Germany, Antonin Panenka's decisive goal in the penaly series. Deciding a European Championships tournament that way, notably against world class goalkeeper Sepp Maier. This shows of a lot of self confidence and very strong nerves indeed.
14-05-1985 Hungary - Netherlands, 0-1 scored by Rob de Wit. Not only the way he chipped the ball over Hungarian goalkeeper, but also because of the action he made before
21-06-1988 Germany - Netherlands, 1-2 by Marco van Basten in the 89th minute. Actually this is not a beautiful goal at all, but you can recon Dutch people will be moved watching that goal. Finally the revenge for the 1974 World Cup final defeat and we hit the Germans at the moment they usually hit. In the (nearly) last minute! The ultimate Golden Goal!
04-07-1998 Netherlands - Argentina, 2-1 by Dennis Bergkamp in the last minute of a thrilling match both sides could win. The way Bergkamp smashed home the winner was extraordinary, but how do you think about the fine Frank de Boer pass over 60-70 meters? Another ultimate Golden Goal.
09-06-2008 Netherlands - Italy, 2-0 by Wesley Sneijder. This is an ultimate total football goal.

And what are your favourite goals :idea: ?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 1 09 10:39 AM

Beautiful Goals there are a lot

2000: Tunisia/Madagascar 1/0 : A cross from the left, and Zoubeir Baya with his heel, the ball smashed the cross bar and GOAL
2001: DR Congo/Tunisia 0/3 : Another time Zoubeir Baya, from 65 meters, the player took the ball from the defense, run, and then ....a magnificient shot from the center....
1997: Tunisia/Egypt 1/0: Zoubeir Baya ( lool yea another time), a goal full of meanings
2005: Botswana/Tunisia 1/3: Mehdi Nafti from almost 30 meters ...a great shot from no where, the ball hitted the post and entered
1996: Tunisia/Zambia 4/2: a lob from 25 meters, Kais Ghodbane practically Sent the ball to the sky ( i say practically ), the goal didn't see it coming and entered with the ball in the net
2006: Tunisia/Saudi Arabia 2/2: i really liked Jaziri's First Goal in the world cup

2008: Spain/Germany 1/0: i really liked Fernando Toress Goal (Euro Final)

that's for now....

"....And the smarter ones beetween us, are those who find out about their social stupidity earlier...." Abd daim !!!!

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 1 09 11:21 AM

Ali wrote:
Beautiful Goals there are a lot

Yes, again you hit the nail on its head. There are quite a lot of them. I also remember a nearly one in the dying seconds of a very boring Netherlands - France match in 2004. John Heijtinga saw from his own half that Fabien Barthez was too far from his goal. Barthez neeeded all his skills to pull the ball out of his box.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 1 09 12:24 PM

There are many!

Van Basten at Euro 88 for Netherlands against USSR

Maradona against England in the 1986 World Cup.

Baggio in 1990 World Cup against Czechoslovakia

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 10 09 8:59 AM

Romania`s 2-1 against Argentina in World Cup 1994:
A fantastic pass from Hagi and Dumitrescu with a cool goal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnNliThxA7c

And of course Argentina┬┤s Maradona against England in WC 1986.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-9I5DD6p4k
The commentator almost dies of joy.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

May 9 09 7:33 PM

Just found by coincident, Ferenc Puskás scoring at Wembley in 1953. Great combination, great finishing. You can browse at the bar to 2:30 minutes (or wait 2:30 minutes).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBKDie0_sSg&feature=related

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jun 17 09 11:36 AM

From a personal point of view, Martyn Woolford's 85th minute winner against Millwall on the 24th of May this year which meant that my team, Scunthorpe United, were promoted to the second tier of English football. It was the League One play off final, watch by roughly 60,000 people at Wembley. We had got into the last play off spot courtesy of an 88th minute header in our last league game, won the semi-final on penalties and then came from 2-1 down to win 3-2 against Millwall. It was a boiling day, brilliant sunshine, and it was a great moment for me. The goal itself wasn't very good, but it holds great significance!

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#8 [url]

Jun 19 09 3:44 AM

For me, it's amazing that a 3rd-level match can attract 60,000 fans, but the play-off finals regularly do attract such numbers. Even the Conference play-off final (5th Level - Cambridge United v Torquay United) attracted over 35,000 fans.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#9 [url]

Jun 20 09 12:21 PM

It is staggering, it only happens in the English leagues. The fact a team such as Milwall, with an average attendence of 9,000 can bring 44,000 to Wembley is crazy.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Nov 26 12 10:20 AM

nfm24 wrote:
The last time I saw such a one-man-show as Ibrahimovic vs England that was Rivaldo vs Valencia:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0qi0jeyWGM

Just a handful of months before, he scored another wonderful hat-trick here at San Siro versus AC Milan, in Champions League. Great player, unfortunately he completely set after the 2002 World Cup. He was just 30 years old.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jun 25 13 8:02 PM

I remember very well Luca. Imagine scoring such a goal in a European Championships final against one of the best keepers at the timeBanana

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help