#21 [url]

Jun 7 12 6:51 PM

Great discovery, I didn't know him.
It's never too late to learn.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Jun 7 12 8:50 PM

Yes he was given a run-out in a meaningless game as a tribute.
In my view, this is similar to the suggestion that Pele would be in the Santos squad for the World Club Cup recently.

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Dec 23 12 5:38 PM

Davidson Ngawaeramo was part of the Solomon Islands squad in the South Pacific Games in August 1979, and scored a goal in the bronze medal match. He was 16.
In July 1978 he played for Solomon Islands vs Papua New Guinea in a friendly to commemorate the Solomons' independence, so he must have been 15 then (perhaps even 14, if his birthday was in July).

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Feb 16 13 3:43 PM

Anton Rudinski played his only full international match for Yugoslavia vs Egypt on 2nd November 1952.
According to wikipedia and various other player databases, he was born on 1st October 1937, so he was aged 15 years and 1 month in this match.
However it is much more likely that the date of birth is wrong. You can see on the following link there are 2 versions, 1937 and 1934...
http://www.reprezentacija.rs/index.php/statistika/reprezentativci/1474

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Feb 18 13 8:06 PM

nfm24 wrote:
Anton Rudinski played his only full international match for Yugoslavia vs Egypt on 2nd November 1952.
According to wikipedia and various other player databases, he was born on 1st October 1937, so he was aged 15 years and 1 month in this match.
However it is much more likely that the date of birth is wrong. You can see on the following link there are 2 versions, 1937 and 1934...
http://www.reprezentacija.rs/index.php/statistika/reprezentativci/1474

The only way to solve this "mystery" may be to contact the registry office of Subotica, the city where he was born. Does anybody know its mail address?
I've been contacting about a hundred of registry offices and I can say that the French and the Italian ones are the most efficient. Evey time I asked them, they (almost) always replied me. On the other hand, when I contacted the South American ones, I always wasted my time.

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Feb 23 13 11:05 AM

Well, everybody knows how crazy the African births (sometimes) are...
In this case, I believe Jean-Jacques N'Domba actually participated in the 1974, 1978 and 1992 editions. The main doubt concerns his date of birth. It seems that 1960 is the official date, but in this Congolese forum there is someone who thinks that N'Domba may be born even in 1954...

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Mar 24 13 3:48 PM

Another one for the list: Malta's Tonina Dimech featured in the 2007 Women's World Cup qualifiers six months short of her 46th birthday.

At the age of 52 she's still playing at club level, so she may even have earned a few more caps after 2006.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Apr 5 13 9:07 AM

I am almost sure that the actual dates of birth of several African footballers are totally fake. I mean: they are probably older than the official age they declare.
For this reason, it's possible that several players appear for their National team when they are 40 years old or even more...
For example, there are serious doubts about many Nigerian dates of birth, see Taribo West, Nwankwo Kanu, Jay-Jay Okocha and so on...

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#32 [url]

Apr 6 13 2:30 AM

In which case, it's quite amazing they can continue to play at that level despite their age, and despite the generally low life expectancy of Africans.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Apr 6 13 9:00 AM

TheRoonBa wrote:
In which case, it's quite amazing they can continue to play at that level despite their age, and despite the generally low life expectancy of Africans.
Yes, I remember when Taribo West played for Inter, he was the guy who ran more than Ronaldo, and he was probably 37/38 years old!!!

However, this farce must come to an end. If I were Argentina (the silver medal in the 1996 Olympic Games), I would ask FIFA for a serious investigation and for an eventual reassignment of the gold medal.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

May 2 13 6:26 PM

Guerin Sportivo number 16 from 1984, page 95, says that Youssouf Fofana (born on July 26, 1966) made his debut for Ivory Coast in February 1982, at the age of 15.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Aug 8 13 12:34 PM

Luca wrote:
Well, everybody knows how crazy the African births (sometimes) are...
In this case, I believe Jean-Jacques N'Domba actually participated in the 1974, 1978 and 1992 editions. The main doubt concerns his date of birth. It seems that 1960 is the official date, but in this Congolese forum there is someone who thinks that N'Domba may be born even in 1954...

La Semaine (Brazzaville), edition 24-2-1974, gives profiles of some squad members for Congo in the 1974 African Nations Cup.
Ndomba's birthdate is given as 12-1-1954.  His nickname was "Géomètre".
It also notes that goalkeeper Maxime Matsima had been an international since 1961 and has made 130 selections (!).

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Aug 26 13 9:19 AM

Thanks. A similar situation happened also with the famous Ghanian champion Abedi Ayew "Pelé", whose dates of birth have always been in doubt between November 5, 1962 and November 5, 1964. But in the following interview, he reveals that his real year of birth is 1962, therefore when he conquered the 1982 African Cup of Nations in March 1982, he was 19 and not 17 years old.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#38 [url]

Aug 26 13 9:36 PM

Ndomba - I wonder why he was called "Géomètre". Was it because he would "try angles" that nobody else would? Was it because of his running and jumping ability, when he would circle players and fly as high as a kite? Was it because of his ability to avoid tackles (wreck tangles)? Was it because he was the first African to be able to combat the "juju" of his opponents (hex-a-gon)? These are the questions we should be asking...

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Aug 27 13 12:34 AM

Your puns are outradius! I checked again, it was plane-ly the multi-faceted nature of his game, and his moral compass.

Or maybe his head was shaped like a dodecahedron.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Sep 3 13 9:22 AM

Mamadou Zongo, from Burkina Faso, was born on October 8, 1980 and débuted for his National team on November 9, 1996, when he was 16 years and 1 month.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help