Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 1 09 9:51 PM

Tags : :

I know England is pretty bad at futsal, but does anyone know if they ever play in England and if there is a good website about the teams fixture and matches, venues etc.

A Chelmsford City Fan

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#3 [url]

Apr 3 09 3:03 AM

I wish Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland would start playing futsal. There should be a British Isles championship (along with Ireland).

Countries in Europe who don't play regular futsal at national team level (FIFA version of futsal - Norway play at AMF Futsal):

Scotland
Wales
Northern Ireland
Iceland
Faroe Islands
Norway
Sweden
Denmark
Germany
Austria
Switzerland
Liechtenstein
San Marino
Luxembourg

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Apr 3 09 5:11 PM

Yes a British Championship would be a good way for Wales, Scotland and the irelands to introduce themselves into futsal and England need lower level practice as we are completely outclass most of the time

A Chelmsford City Fan

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Apr 6 09 6:23 PM

Aki13 wrote:
Well I have only just started looking into Futsal, so no I hadn't even seen this.

Thanks El G

Don't mention it. If it can help...

I aten't dead !

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Dec 7 09 4:51 PM

I thought this looked quite an impressive result for England considering our record in futsal.

A win over the African Champions.
http://www.thefa.com/England/EnglandFutsalTeam/NewsAndFeatures/2009/LibyaVictory.aspx

A Chelmsford City Fan

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Nov 13 10 9:28 PM

mcruic wrote:
I wish Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland would start playing futsal. There should be a British Isles championship (along with Ireland).

Countries in Europe who don't play regular futsal at national team level (FIFA version of futsal - Norway play at AMF Futsal):

Scotland
Wales
Northern Ireland
Iceland
Faroe Islands
Norway
Sweden
Denmark
Germany
Austria
Switzerland
Liechtenstein
San Marino
Luxembourg

There already was a "British Isles Nations Cup" back in 2002.

But they wern't official national teams controlled by the their FAs.
They were select teams from each league, so basically all-star teams.
There was Ireland, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Tranmere Victoria and a Gibraltar all-star team.

So this is a good sign that if any tournament is to be held in the future, it will involve Ireland also.
The problem is, the Scottish FA appear to be uninterested. So it still could be some time before they get a national team.

There's also 4 new teams for UEFA Futsal championship 2012 qualifying.
Iceland, San Marino, Norway and Switzerland!

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#9 [url]

Nov 14 10 3:01 AM

Mozz√£ wrote:
mcruic wrote:

Scotland
Wales
Northern Ireland
Iceland
Faroe Islands
Norway
Sweden
Denmark
Germany
Austria
Switzerland
Liechtenstein
San Marino
Luxembourg

There already was a "British Isles Nations Cup" back in 2002.

But they wern't official national teams controlled by the their FAs.
They were select teams from each league, so basically all-star teams.
There was Ireland, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Tranmere Victoria and a Gibraltar all-star team.

So this is a good sign that if any tournament is to be held in the future, it will involve Ireland also.
The problem is, the Scottish FA appear to be uninterested. So it still could be some time before they get a national team.

There's also 4 new teams for UEFA Futsal championship 2012 qualifying.
Iceland, San Marino, Norway and Switzerland!

Do you know anything about the 3 Ireland v Scotland international matches in 2002? They are listed at futsalplanet.com, and it is with these 3 results that I have given Scotland a futsal ranking. Was this team not controlled by the Scottish FA?

21/06/2002 - Ireland 4-5 Scotland
22/06/2002 - Ireland 5-5 Scotland
23/06/2002 - Ireland 6-5 Scotland

If the team was not controlled by the Scottish FA and was unofficial, I'll have to remove Scotland from the rankings.

Norway and Switzerland have both played 2 friendly matches each (Switzerland beating Malta 3-2 and 6-4, Norway beating Ireland twice by 2-1), while San Marino played a friendly against the Italian club "Team Ravenna", earlier this year, winning 7-6. Iceland does not appear to have played any matches at all.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help