Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 17 09 6:04 PM

Tags : :

Do any F1 fans on here think the new rules on Wins deciding the title are not going to be a success.

A Chelmsford City Fan

Last Edited By: TheRoonBa Dec 8 16 12:37 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 18 09 4:45 PM

In my opinion, it would have been better to give more points to the winner of a "grand prix". It was 10 points until this year. Why not 15 points for example.

I aten't dead !

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Mar 18 09 6:47 PM

yep

As unlikley as it is you could have 1 driver win say 3 races or 30 points as was and retire from the rest, while 4 others win 2 and finish on podium often finishing with 60 or 70 points but still not win. Bizzare to me.

A Chelmsford City Fan

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Mar 19 09 12:41 AM

EL G wrote:
In my opinion, it would have been better to give more points to the winner of a "grand prix". It was 10 points until this year. Why not 15 points for example.

I agree.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Mar 20 09 8:44 AM

Aki13 wrote:
yep

As unlikley as it is you could have 1 driver win say 3 races or 30 points as was and retire from the rest, while 4 others win 2 and finish on podium often finishing with 60 or 70 points but still not win. Bizzare to me.

Good summary of my feelings !

I aten't dead !

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Mar 29 09 9:02 PM

A crazy first race of the season there, I am hoping Brawn can keep at the front all year. As I have followed Button since he began in F1, and the same with Barrichello. Plus Rubens is such a great guy you cant help but like him.

A Chelmsford City Fan

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Oct 9 11 6:50 PM

Congratulations to Sebastian Vettel: he has dominated the season and he deserves the world title 2011.
However I keep thinking that Fernando Alonso is the most talented driver. If Alonso had driven Red Bull and Vettel had driven Ferrari, I'm sure that Alonso would have won last year and this year.
Anyway Sebastian Vettel is impressive: he's still very young but he's driving like a veteran and his performances keep improving. And, of course, he is very lucky to drive Red Bull. Very very lucky...

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

May 8 12 9:22 AM

Today is a sad anniversary for all the Formula One fans. On May 8, 1982, the famous Canadian driver Gilles Villeneuve passed away in a terrible crash in Zolder.
The term "legend" is often used inopportunely, but this guy was really a legend. Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to admire him personally, but it's sufficient to take a look at some documentaries about him to get the hang of his bravery and his talent. I think Gilles is still the racing driver the Italian fans love most.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Nov 26 12 9:54 AM

Too bad Fernando Alonso couldn't win the world title this year

However, congratulations to Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull. Engineer Adrian Newey is a genius. I hope he'll work for Ferrari sooner or later.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Oct 30 13 3:33 PM

Congratulations to Vettel again, not been following F1 with great intrest recently because of his dominance (and also because of the BBC's half-coverage), but still an impressive achievement to win 4 titles in a row. My favourite team McLaren seem to be doing terrible this year (no podium between either driver), hopefully they are just concentrating on their 2014 car.

Not sure about their recent calendar announcements, there could be as many as 22 races next year (many at the infamous 'Tilkedromes'), really think they are in danger of diluting the quality and excitement if they haven't already (20 should really be the most they even consider).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Nov 6 13 5:16 AM

I must say that I hate Formula 1. Not only as a spectacle, but also because its morality could only be lower if it came out that all the drivers were on the same drugs as the cyclists.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Nov 7 13 9:53 AM

Everything is possible, but in that eventuality I wouldn't feel like blaming them too much.
Doping can be a decisive factor in cycling (but also in football, in my humble opinion), while in Formula 1 how much does it influence a success? 5 or 10%, not more.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Nov 7 13 12:48 PM

I imagine Formula 1 needs concentration, nerve, and some physical stamina, so certainly drugs must help.
In football they provide athletic ability but don't improve skill or decision choice (e.g. which pass should I make).

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Nov 7 13 7:35 PM

Football is becoming faster and faster and more and more agonistic, so I think doping can have a basic importance. Obviously it doesn't help you to improve your technical skills, but it's fundamental when you have to run, and if you run more you press more and better, you neutralize with more efficiency the play of your opponents and you get first on the ball everytime. And obviously your self-confidence raises.
I keep thinking that nowadays in Formula 1 engineers like Adrian Newey or Ross Brawn are still more helpful than EPO or CERA.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Nov 7 13 9:59 PM

Luca wrote:
I keep thinking that nowadays in Formula 1 engineers like Adrian Newey or Ross Brawn are still more helpful than EPO or CERA.

Maybe a new invention could be marketed for football, and other sports.  I propose a small vibrating receiver (like within mobile phones)  to be taped to players' skin.  A motion sensing transmitter is placed inside players boots or taped to legs.   The transmitters know the ball's position also, via another sensor or via some camera system.  The transmitter detects when a player with the ball moves his foot to kick it, and transmits the expected direction and weight of the pass as information to the other players' receivers - particularly to any player who is close to the likely intended target of the pass (or the computed location the ball will likely reach). The receiver will vibrate in a directed way to prompt the player to run in the correct direction.

This means a striker can make runs to receive a pass without having to watch the play with his own eyes.  And at corners, the sensors will work out where the ball will likely reach and buzz the correct players to try to contest it.  If the opposition players' motion could also be tracked, perhaps the system can help goalkeepers save penalties too.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Nov 10 13 5:28 PM

This slander towards Balotelli... why always him, huh?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help