Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Dec 20 13 9:06 PM

In the spirit of how this thread began, a new rule has been introduced regarding deciding the champion, the last race of each year will be worth double points in hopes of keeping the championship interesting until the end (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25465687).

Also, the current driver numbering system is going to be replaced, apparently each driver who isn't Sebastian Vettel now gets to claim a 'permanent' number from 2-99, American style...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Dec 20 13 9:35 PM

mattsanger92 wrote:
In the spirit of how this thread began, a new rule has been introduced regarding deciding the champion, the last race of each year will be worth double points in hopes of keeping the championship interesting until the end (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25465687).

I propose a similar change in the Italian Serie A as well, but valid only for FC Inter: if we win the last match of the season, +25 points. This way we'll have some chances to win the title this year... sEm_blush2.gif   

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Dec 21 13 2:38 AM

It's funny that within the racing community, I heard some people making comments like "it's unfair, you could be leading all season and get pipped at the last moment, that's not what racing is about"...

No sense of irony.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Dec 21 13 6:19 PM

True, but at the same time, the people doing the pipping don't normally have their speed doubled on the last lap...

But at the same time as that, the leader has the same benefit... this all only slightly increases the chances that a dramatic winner can be found (this year the 'double points' would have been redundant anyway going into the last race, Vettel was that dominant).

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#25 [url]

Dec 22 13 4:55 PM

It also amplifies the effect of a mistake in the last race. Anyway, Formula 1 is boring, so anything at all controversial is good, as at least it gets people interested.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Dec 22 13 7:29 PM

I know last year they (by they I mean the single grey-haired vertically-challenged power that is) were thinking of introducing trackside sprinklers for artificial rain, so they can try to force the only time a race ever becomes slightly unpredictable nowadays. Make of that what you will...

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Dec 22 13 8:26 PM

mattsanger92 wrote:
True, but at the same time, the people doing the pipping don't normally have their speed doubled on the last lap...

They do if it's a Jamaican relay team with Usain Bolt on the final leg.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#28 [url]

Dec 22 13 9:16 PM

nfm24 wrote:
mattsanger92 wrote:

They do if it's a Jamaican relay team with Usain Bolt on the final leg.

a.k.a. Pippington

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Dec 30 13 6:42 PM

Second that. The first report I read didn't make it out to be as bad as it sounds right now. One of my first times watching F1 was the 1999 British GP where he broke his leg... he came back from that injury well enough.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#31 [url]

Dec 31 13 7:32 PM

Hopefully he makes a full recovery. But these things do happen more often when you choose to do dangerous things in your life (hurtling down a snow-covered hill on skis is dangerous, no matter how good you are). He seems to have a desire to take risks - and unfortunately, these accidents sometimes happen as a result.

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Jan 4 14 10:42 AM

Racing drivers are crazy guys. They love defying fate and they are often betrayed by their passion for risk. Too bad that none of them likes briscola, Playstation, chess or puzzles. They prefer races, extreme skydiving and other dangerous sports...

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Jan 10 14 7:36 PM

Yes, according to gossip, it seems that one Giorgia was the reason of this brawl...
But note that this is just the first degree of judgement: a condemnation becomes definitive only at the third degree.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Mar 14 14 10:12 AM

So Red Bull and Sebastian Vettel, for the first time, don't seem to find favour in the predictions.
Let's wait... The championship is very long and Engineer Newey is a genius.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#40 [url]

Apr 2 14 2:02 PM

I'd much rather see a 'real' car. All formula 1 cars look the same apart from their colours - they don't even look like cars any more!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help