Remove this ad

#101 [url]

Jan 30 15 10:06 AM

Amusing spot, but I fear another mediocre season awaits Fernando...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#102 [url]

Feb 3 15 8:05 PM

The testing period for 2015 has begun, and Red Bull has appeared with a unique livery (unfortunately it won't see an actual race):

1422880705.jpg

Current 'most likely to finish last' team Sauber have made a more permanent change to their colour scheme, pandering either to their 'sporting development partners' Chelsea FC smiley: eyes, the national colours of their two new pay drivers from Brazil and Sweden, or most likely just the lead sponsors Banco do Brasil:

sauber-c34_3257948.jpg?20150130091437

Quote    Reply   

#103 [url]

Feb 7 15 8:58 PM

Caterham have already gone extinct, and Marussia (now Manor) are just hanging on, claiming that they will be ready for the first race with their 2014 car, although the other teams (led by Force India) don't seem as impressed, voting against their most recent application. Surely for the sake of looking good by comparison a middling team like Force India would want to keep them in.

The fact that Marussia's hard-earned £25m prize money from last year would default to being shared amongst the remaining 9 teams is of course an irrelevant factor behind the recent vote...

Quote    Reply   

#104 [url]

Mar 13 15 4:55 PM

For fans of the minnow teams, ultimate underdogs Manor GP are due to race this year, and are in Melbourne for the first race in last year's Marussia car despite not setting tyre to track at all in 2015, with first race qualifying around 12 hours away right now...

And Sauber are due to race but now have a legal decision to make over their driver line-up in those 12 hours, after making the incredibly stupid oversight of promising 3 different drivers 2 race seats. Giedo van der Garde was fired from test driving last year, but is pushing hard on a clause in his contract which guaranteed him a race seat in 2015. He hasn't been in the car yet, and Sauber's management are being threatened with jail by Australian courts if they don't let him drive. Prestige of being an F1 driver aside, not sure it's a wise move from van der Garde to be threatening to sue the people making the high-speed dangerous machinery you want to use smiley: devil...

Quote    Reply   

#106 [url]

Mar 14 15 3:09 PM

Hopefully for F1's last remaining shred of livery diversity. Ferrari are the only team of the 10 this year that have a car not predominantly white/grey/black/blue.

Speaking of inanities, drivers are apparently no longer allowed to change their helmet design mid-year, even for special occasions. Sebastian Vettel, who was probably the cause of the rule, says that he'll just take whatever fines come to him.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#108 [url]

Mar 15 15 6:04 PM

Why is Formula One still happening? I think they should change the design of all the tracks in the world, at a huge expense to everyone involved in Formula One, and make straights no longer than 100m. Then they should allow only wooden cars with 50cc engines and no sponsors at all.

Quote    Reply   

#109 [url]

Mar 16 15 12:26 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
and make straights no longer than 100m

Why not make the straights no longer than 1m, so that only unicycles can manage the track.

Quote    Reply   

#110 [url]

Mar 30 15 7:30 PM

Big win for Vettel and Ferrari this weekend, a team that should never be away from the top for too long, as funny as it is to see them fail.

In other Ferrari news, ConIFA aren't the only ones heading to Budapest this summer, as legendary entertainer Kimi Raikkonen uses all his natural charm to convince Hungarians to come and watch a show run:

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#111 [url]

Mar 30 15 7:49 PM

mattsanger92 wrote:
Big win for Vettel and Ferrari this weekend, a team that should never be away from the top for too long, as funny as it is to see them fail.

What an emotion to listen to the German and the Italian anthems nine years after Michael Schumacher's last success with Ferrari.
Ok, I know there was also Sebastian Vettel's win as Toro Rosso driver in 2008, but it's not the same thing. icon_smile.gif

Quote    Reply   

#114 [url]

Apr 2 15 11:26 PM

mattsanger92 wrote:
I for one would love to see 'Project Papa' happen.
I thought that would be a scheme to replace the financially struggling also-rans with the Popemobile.
Arguably less aerodynamic, but infallibility will help in overtaking.

Quote    Reply   

#115 [url]

Apr 24 15 12:34 PM

i come in peace dont worry from a fellow YUKU forum based in england & know your interested in F1 like us, so if any of you ever fancy chatting about f1 (or even Formula E, GP2 etc) come visit us at http://muzz606.mxf.yuku.com/ , we also we run quizzes at every grand prix weekend to test your knowledges & prediction competitions to test your luck haha, no escaping the fact that we are small forum but were passionate & have alot of fun

thanks for reading, hope to see you soon

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#116 [url]

Apr 25 15 10:31 AM

What's this - a thief coming in and stealing away forum posters in a sport I don't care about? Does that mean I can close down this thread? I can live with that smiley: roll

Quote    Reply   

#118 [url]

May 17 15 6:22 PM

I assume they have already read my suggestions above so I have no need to comment further, and I fully expect to see these implemented in the next season.

Quote    Reply   

#119 [url]

May 17 15 7:12 PM

So from this page, I'm getting big teams only, with one-wheeled cars shaped like the popemobile... if it made money for them they would actually do it...

For me, if they manage to renew the Monza contract beyond 2016, its a start towards not completely self-imploding...

Quote    Reply   

#120 [url]

Jun 13 15 11:38 AM

Force India driver Nico Hulkenberg is on the entry list for this weekend's Le Mans 24 Hours Race, one of 168 drivers who will take part in the famous race today/tomorrow. This sort of thing happened a lot in the past but I'm surprised Hulkenberg's been allowed to do it even if F1 isn't going on this week, when was the last time an F1 driver took part in a different series on their week off?

Obviously modern standards don't allow it now, but I love the complete disregard for safety that is the classic 'Le Mans start' smiley: eek:

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help