Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 18 09 7:08 PM

Tags : :

I am not sure whether there is a post for this or not, couldn't see one, also was not sure where to put it but here goes.

I was just wondering if any of you guys, had at any time or still do play soccer for a team at any level?

I play myself at a very low level but I love it, I play for Marconi Athletic Reserves in the Mid Essex League Div 4 in Essex, England, soon to be Div 5, as we are having a bad season.

How about it does anyone else on here play/did play?

A Chelmsford City Fan

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 20 09 5:32 PM

I played until I was 16 for various youth teams mainly Kinmylies my local side but now I play Rugby for Highland who play in the Scottish 2nd Division.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Mar 21 09 8:31 AM

I played on every position except goalkeeper. Mostly as (offensive) midfielder which always have been my favourite position to play. I always belonged with the leading goalscorers of my team, but the only season I did not score was when I played centre forward. I also never scored by a header. Headers even have been the only reason when I missed for an empty goal. I was a hard working player who certainly was not skilfull.

Most of the time I practiced athletics. 100 meters (in winter 60 meters indoor; in which I even competed at the Dutch West II regional championships).

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Mar 21 09 9:19 AM

Sounds strange, but I never played football; my father was chairman of a third division team but none of his 3 sons played, but I am still supporting the same team; just played some games at school but never in a "real" team........ I was a referee for one year, but I was not good enough (I think)

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Mar 21 09 6:46 PM

I played for 5 years in the youth team of Virtus Panza, the club of my own town who today plays in the 9th level of the Italian Football Pyramid. I played as defender, and for two seasons I played as captain. Now I play only futsal at amateur level.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Mar 21 09 10:36 PM

i played at under-18 level as a striker.. the team was from the 3rd tier in that level..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#8 [url]

Jun 4 09 1:15 AM

It is one of my biggest regrets that I have never played a 90-minute game of football. I've always wanted to, but have either never been good enough, or never known enough people who have wanted to play a real game.

I'm coming up for 33, so there is still maybe some time.... I was an unused substitute for my primary school team (which is about as much use as being blindfolded on a beach full of naked women), and I once played a Blairgowrie & District indoor football league match for a team called BRU (Blairgowrie & Rattray United) when they had some player call-offs.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jun 4 09 12:54 PM

I live in Chelmsford, I may be able to get you in pre season training for my team, if you were interested?
Very low local level but if you are interested let me know.

A Chelmsford City Fan

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jun 6 09 10:02 AM

I played for a couple of local youth sides, then moved to Godalming Town under 18's, the local sem-pro side. Left last season, and this year it was either carry on at a decent level or for fun. Had trials at Woking and a couple of other sides, but now play for an amateur men's side in Milford, near my home.

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Jan 26 13 8:35 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
It is one of my biggest regrets that I have never played a 90-minute game of football. I've always wanted to, but have either never been good enough, or never known enough people who have wanted to play a real game.

I'm coming up for 33, so there is still maybe some time.... I was an unused substitute for my primary school team (which is about as much use as being blindfolded on a beach full of naked women), and I once played a Blairgowrie & District indoor football league match for a team called BRU (Blairgowrie & Rattray United) when they had some player call-offs.

Never played for 90 either, been on the pitch for a couple of 70/80 minute games (can't remember how long they made them) during one season for the U-13 team of Burnham Ramblers (currently English 9th-tier). Took a long time to get my registration in so it was only friendlies and training until the last few months, and even then I was usually just a late sub for a few games (plus unused sub in a cup final which we lost (in a stadium so at least there was a dugout to sit in, I could've turned it round if they gave me a chance smiley: ohwell)). We did win the league that season, though, and I ended up with a record of 1 assist and hitting the post once or twice, not sure how that compares with everyone else here smiley: indifferent...

You would have enjoyed it on my primary school team by the way, we only played one game in 7-a-side (against our 'closest rivals'), but we took enough players to their school for a 'B' match to go on at the same time on the next pitch from ours, so no-one was allowed to miss out on a game. I think we lost 2-0 in that game and I had two of my team's best chances to go level. I've also captained my form in an in-school 5-a-side competition (we only had 4 players on our team and I missed a penalty in one of the games smiley: mad), and played in one friendly for a new U15 club and lost something like 18-3 to a visiting U13 team (I try not to remember the details of either smiley: tired), guess I haven't had the best of luck on a football pitch in my life so far...

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Feb 1 13 1:02 PM

I played both 11-a-side football and footsal for my secondary school team as defender and goalkeeper (I even saved a penalty once in a 90 minute game) in the championship of my home district situated in Krasnodar Region of Russia. I also played some matches for an amateur men 11-a-side team of my district before I arrived to study at university.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jul 14 16 5:53 PM

So I can now consider myself a football god or something... this week at my local pick-up game I gave some new boots the first taste of scoring with what was agreed as the goal of the day. To explain it would be too long-winded so please refer to the below for your mental image (minus the associated ref-pushing and possible facism, maybe keep the general mild insanity, I'm mad but in a different way):

And let's just keep quiet on the part of the story where it came off my shin smiley: eyes... clean hit and same effect though so I'm still filing my goal under 'mad tekkers'...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help