Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Oct 14 13 10:29 PM

I'm in Canada now, and there is no visible evidence whatsoever that there are any World Cup matches or any internationals going on.
Only a small segment on TV about Montreal Impact losing to New England (described by a Quebec reporter who seemed to speak neither French nor English).
Followed by a small "silly" section at the end of the programme about the sport of hurling, which was concluded with the inevitable joke about the other meaning of the word (in North America).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Oct 15 13 9:20 AM

nfm24 wrote:
I'm in Canada now, and there is no visible evidence whatsoever that there are any World Cup matches or any internationals going on.

I am not surprised reading this. I have many relatives living in Canada (Montreal and Ottawa area) and one of my cousins put pictures on Facebook he was playing ice hockey at the same moment Holland and Spain were playing the World Cup final.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Nov 4 13 7:53 PM

I would be surprised if Canada scores a goal.

I'll be picking up my ticket in Olomouc tomorrow for the game against the Czech Republic.  I predict a rather drab 2-0 victory for the Czech Republic.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#30 [url]

Nov 6 13 2:26 PM

I predict Canada will surprise everyone and lose 3-0.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#34 [url]

Nov 16 13 5:53 PM

nfm24 wrote:
TheRoonBa wrote:
I predict Canada will surprise everyone and lose 3-0.

Noob
Clearly, you couldn't see through my advanced clairvoyance, which bypassed the Czech Republic game and went straight on to predicting the Slovenia match.  Speed of a puma, or something.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Nov 16 13 10:17 PM

Ah, so your prediction was that at some undetermined future date Canada will lose 3-0 to an arbitrary European side. I will offer odds of 1.0000000000000000001. You could add this to an accumulator including "Djokovic will win at least one game in future" and "England will score at least one run in the Ashes".

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Nov 16 13 10:20 PM

My bets on Friday's games were reasonably successful (overall 21% profit) but for Saturday's games the Dutch and Welsh have let me down.
Although overall still positive, thanks to Cameroon.

Last Edited By: nfm24 Nov 17 13 7:48 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Nov 17 13 10:24 PM

Hmm, you need a chance to redeem yourself:
Which teams will qualify:
Croatia vs Iceland
France vs Ukraine
Sweden vs Portugal
Romania vs Greece
Algeria vs Burkina Faso

For Egypt, New Zealand, and Uruguay you can predict just the 2nd leg scores... unless you believe in miracles.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Nov 17 13 10:27 PM

My choices:
Iceland on away goals (1-1 agg)
Ukraine (3-2 agg)
Greece (3-1 agg)
Sweden (1-1 agg, 5-4 pen)
Algeria (5-3 agg)

Egypt 1-1 Ghana
NZ 1-2 Mexico
Uruguay 4-0 Jordan