Algeria 1-0 Burkina Faso
New Zealand 1-2 Mexico
Uruguay 4-0 Jordan

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Nov 18 13 2:19 PM

Luca wrote:
... Don't worry: I'll miss them all...

For many years my wife and her colleagues predict the outcomes of tournaments (EURO, WC). They predict the champion and the results in the group stage.
EURO 2004: one of her mates predicted Greece will win the tournament; she was the only one! According to the rules (the-winner-takes-it-all) she won all the money.
Interesting and funny: ‘the winner’ predicted Greece will lose all their matches in the group stage …

From this I conclude: Luca, don’t worry! You lack only ‘female intuition’.

WC 2006, EURO 2008: My wife asked me ‘what should I predict?’. Usually, I don't predict results. But my gut feeling told in 2006 ITALY, 2008 SPAIN … Both times my wife won the money (compared to those who also correctly predicted the winner of the tournaments, her predictions were a bit more accurate in the group stages).
A nice side effect: since then my wife trusts in everything I tell her. It gives me a very comfortable life....

From this I conclude: Luca, don’t worry!
There is still hope. If you're challenged by fate, you can predict excellent.

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Nov 18 13 7:58 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
Oh, a game, what fun!

Alright then, I'll bite.

Croatia 1-1 Iceland
France 2-0p Ukraine
Romania 1-0 Greece
Sweden 3-1 Portugal

Egypt 4-2 Ghana
Algeria 1-1 Burkina Faso
New Zealand 3-0 Mexico
Uruguay 3-1 Jordan

If I get any right I'll be amazed, but some those predictions could have been a lot crazier... 6-0 wins for Jordan and Egypt are my backup guesses and I hold the right to replace if either comes true.

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Nov 19 13 10:26 AM

Ok, so, as everytime I make a prediction, the opposite always happens, I have a strong premonition telling me that Inter Milan won't surely conquer the 2013/14 Italian title, while AC Milan, after humiliating Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern Munich and Barcelona, will surely triumph in the 2013/14 UEFA Champions League  icon_smile.gif

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Nov 19 13 1:26 PM

France - Ukraine 3:0 aet (yet another controversial handball)
Croatia - Iceland 1:1 (yet another away goals surprise in the playoffs)
Sweden - Portugal 1:0 (yet another Zlatan magic goal, but loses on penalties)
Romania - Greece 0:0 (yet another lackluster finalist)

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#50 [url]

Nov 20 13 8:06 AM

I plead to be removed from this sullied group at once!

I got 3 out of 7 results exactly correct (Egy-Gha, Alg-BuF, Rom-Gre) and 3 more with the correct winner (Cro, Fra, Mex), with possibly a 4th tonight when Uruguay play Jordan (correct winner is almost certain, totally correct score is possible). Only Sweden v Portugal threw me.

For once, I would class my predictions as "quite good" rather than "really bad".

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#55 [url]

Dec 3 13 9:03 AM

Rumour out of Argentina is that Canada will be playing in Argentina next year before the World Cup. Canada played in Argentina a few years back.

It is also rumoured that Canada will have some training camps in South America next year.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#56 [url]

Dec 3 13 11:22 AM

Clearly they are fed up of playing Mauritania and middle-rate European teams, who stifle Canada's free-scoring team. Obviously, we will see many goals for Canada when they play South American teams like Argentina.

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Feb 18 14 11:17 AM

Canada pulled out of the friendly according to media in El Salvador.  I have no idea if the CSA were not happy the expenses afforded, or if they have something else lined up.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help