Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Feb 25 13 4:08 PM

at the end of the nineties Reunion tried to become full member of FIFA but since then I did not hear about it....Did they give up....?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Mar 3 13 12:52 PM

Presumably, as an overseas territory I guess they weren't allowed. One of their best players Jean-Michel Fontaine has joined English 4th-tier team Fleetwood Town from JS Saint-Pierroise.

Does anybody know if RĂ©union or indeed Mayotte have any friendlies planned for the summer?

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Mar 3 13 7:06 PM

Reunion is part of France. They aren't an overseas territory. TCI are self-governing overseas territory. In theory they could apply but considering FIFA already rejected Zanzibar and Kosovo, they wouldn't be accepted unless there was consensus among the existing members.

www.soccer-db.info - football internationals

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#25 [url]

Mar 3 13 7:59 PM

It's inter-FIFA politics too. Think the most recent World Soccer has a piece on TCI by Steve Menary which explains how their FA was only set up by Jack Warner to get another vote.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Jul 8 17 3:07 PM

I read about a planned trip of Reunion to South America in 2014 (or 2015)..... A match against French Guyane was a possibility.....does anyone know if this tour took place finally? And what were the results?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help