Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 26 09 5:22 PM

Tags : :

8 march 1981 : New York Cosmos - Paraguay 5-2 (probably played in Paraguay)

I aten't dead !

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Feb 27 10 2:22 PM

It's definitely Athletic Bilbao.

I can't get it, why a participant of the World Cup have to play against a club. Personally I hate this, cause this game is not interesting for statistics and records.
They've should chosen another country, for my sake, Andorra or Swaziland...

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Mar 2 10 1:21 PM

Personnaly I don't care. The point is that a well-playing team would look for the best opposition that could be found. I don't feel it would be interesting for Paraguay to play Andorra, San Marino or a very weaker team. The aim is to prepare World Cup, or an other competition, and see how players are reacting. I also suppose that, as many Paraguyans are playing in European clubs, it was easier to have a match in Bilbao than in Asuncion. In fact, playing at home, Paraguay could have played against a CONCACAF member for example.

I aten't dead !

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Mar 3 10 9:47 PM

The match ended 3-1 to Paraguay. Athletic Bilbao fielded only reserve players. It was an easy and senseless match.
So, this was not a big difference between Bilbao B and Andorra...

Or, as you said, they have should organized a friendly in Paraguay itself. The population is not regaled very often with friendly national matches in the home country.
The last friendly-match(!) in Paraguay was in 2007!

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Mar 7 10 1:13 AM

The match was organized to get € 340.000 for 160 football club of Biscay, Spain.

Paraguay first arrenged a frindly against an african national team, but the friendly was cancelled, and then the make this one to not miss the FIFA date.

http://partidosentreselecciones.blogspot.com

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Mar 15 10 2:55 PM

Bonnet wrote:
The match ended 3-1 to Paraguay. Athletic Bilbao fielded only reserve players. It was an easy and senseless match.
So, this was not a big difference between Bilbao B and Andorra...

Or, as you said, they have should organized a friendly in Paraguay itself. The population is not regaled very often with friendly national matches in the home country.
The last friendly-match(!) in Paraguay was in 2007!

I shoud have added that many CONCACAF teams are playing friendlies in United States territory (Mexico, Honduras, Salvador i.e., etc.);

I aten't dead !

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help