Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Mar 31 11 10:06 AM

Was there a draw? Looks like they've been paired based on who's neighbour with whom..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Mar 31 11 10:46 AM

trekky76 wrote:
Was there a draw? Looks like they've been paired based on who's neighbour with whom..

Exactly that`s what I thought too at the first moment when I saw the encounters in Round 1.

Afghanistan vs. Palestine, the most western countries are playing each other and the eastern countries are among themselves.

This must be had decided by someone.

The matches in Round 1 will take part on 29/30th June and 3rd/4th of july.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#23 [url]

Apr 2 11 9:30 PM

Bonnet wrote:
trekky76 wrote:

Exactly that`s what I thought too at the first moment when I saw the encounters in Round 1.

Afghanistan vs. Palestine, the most western countries are playing each other and the eastern countries are among themselves.

This must be had decided by someone.

The matches in Round 1 will take part on 29/30th June and 3rd/4th of july.

I think it makes sense to have the 1st round on a geographical basis - especially with the size of Asia.

So, if you look at the draw - All Central/West teams were put in one group (in the end there were only 2 teams, so it seems Afghanistan v Palestine was the only option) and all South/East/ASEAN teams were put in another group (12 teams, drawn into 6 matches). Apart from Laos v Cambodia, no neighbours were drawn together. Bangladesh is close to Pakistan, but it is closer to Nepal or Myanmar. Mongolia is closer to Taiwan than Myanmar, and so on....

So, I think the draw was absolutely fine.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Jul 22 11 7:23 PM

Take a look tomorrow at these matches:

UAE - India Referee of the match is a Qatari.
Qatar - Vietnam Referee here is a Emirati.

This stinks to high heaven...

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Jul 23 11 9:17 AM

pieter wrote:
Laos took a 0-2 lead in China!!! (but now it is 3-2 in the 57th minute....)will we see some surprises?

Unfortunately not. I watched this match and Laos played very alert (with some luck) in the first half. China underrated them.

But in the second half you could see, that the small and lank Laotians were losing power and China had no problems in scoring.
After 3-2 the Laotians could resist the chinese attacks for a time, but then it was too much for them.

Shortly before the final whistle there was a great chance for 8-2. Luckily they didn't score, cause I get now the extra point in the prediction league (I predicted 5-0)

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Jul 24 11 7:44 AM

UAE-India: two penaltys and two red cards in the first 30 minutes helped UAE to overcome India. I saw the first half and the 2 penaltys were justified, the first red card also. The second red card for the goalkeeper could have been a yellow one in my opinion, but the referee did his job OK. I do not understand the Indian team....How would they have performed if they could have played with 11 players all the match. Stupid.

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Jul 24 11 10:57 AM

How on earth is it ok job when the referee awards pk for a foul when the ball is not in play..? I don't know the referee handbook by heart but it could be a cause to replay the match.

www.soccer-db.info

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Jul 24 11 12:13 PM

It was a clear fault of the goalkeeper and the ball was in play: he held the ball in his hands....So it could only be penalty....sorry for India but they are to blame themselves....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Jul 24 11 1:22 PM

I also watched the first half of UAE vs. India but I not agree with you pieter.

The first penalty was a joke. The indian barely touches the arab, who immediately falls. This is too easy. Red card is in that sense correct, because the indian was the last man, but this wasn't a foul, which make the red card pointless.

The second penalty was a difficult decision. The indian keeper grabs the ball, while a arab is appraoching him. Apparently knee-jerk the keeper lifted his right knee, which almost hit the arab, but in fact he didn't hit him. The arab however acts like he was hurt hardly. This was a trying rough play by the keeper, which should be reprimanded with yellow but not red!

I don't know if the arab refeeres are all so harsh, but this looked a lot like intra-arab friendship.

By the way:
This guy will whistle the match Yemen - Iraq, instead of being suspended.

I hope that Bin Hammams suspension will happen this bizarre referee-decisions more rarely in the future.

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Jul 24 11 5:20 PM

The only thing that is strange is that referees from neighbouring countries can are appointed for this official matches. .... But the penaltys are for me without discussion as the first red card....

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Aug 19 11 3:49 PM

pieter wrote:
I cannot find this information on FIFA or AFC-websites....is it official?

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/news/newsid=1495459/

www.soccer-db.info

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Aug 19 11 6:00 PM

The main reason was that George Mourad had played in Pre-Olympic qualifiers for Sweden with their Under 21s (regarded as FIFA competitive matches) and not that he played for the senior side in 2005 (which were only friendlies).

A player can switch national teams only if he has not played in competitive FIFA matches i.e. Asian Cup, European Championship and WCQ.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Aug 19 11 7:01 PM

Actually you can swith teams, as long as you ask permission from FIFA. Syrian FA apparently failed to do so, thinking asking Swedish FF would suffice.

www.soccer-db.info

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Aug 20 11 1:16 AM

It does seem that FIFA has one rule for one FA and another rule for another. The same thing happened during the last qualifiers over Brazilian player Emerson with Qatar, who had played for Brazil at Under 21 level in a FIFA competition. FIFA however ruled in favour of Qatar and Iraq who had made the complaint after a two-nil defeat to Qatar with Emerson in the side.

No consistancy in FIFA's rulings because these cases are identical.

And what about Thiago Motta of Brazil and now Italy, he played for Brazil in a FIFA competition but was allowed to change to play for Italy!!! Why give an exception to one player and not another.

Did a bit of research and found that George Mourad played two matches for the Sweden U-21 (however these matches were not in the final of the European Champinship in 2004 but in the earlier rounds, he was not selected to play in the Pre-Olympic qualifiers which were the finals), he would have been able to play for Syria had they actually gone through FIFA after getting their details from the Swedish FA (which they did).

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Aug 20 11 8:41 PM

It is nothing new, that players can switch national teams, if they had played only in a youth competition before and not in the A-team of the country. Several france-born Africans played in France junior teams and switch to their origin countrys.

But as HM_Iraq

HM_IRAQ57 wrote:

And what about Thiago Motta of Brazil and now Italy, he played for Brazil in a FIFA competition but was allowed to change to play for Italy!!! Why give an exception to one player and not another.

told, this is not fair anymore. Thiago Motta had played in the Gold Cup 2003 (!) for Brazil and now he is allowed to play for Italy.

Maybe the syrian FA had to ask for permission BEFORE the match and it would had been granted.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help