Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Aug 20 11 8:47 PM

Just wanted to add that this guy already played for three (!!!) youth selections.

So FIFA allows to change the nations without complications in youth selections. That's crazy!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#43 [url]

Aug 21 11 1:02 PM

Bonnet wrote:
Just wanted to add that this guy already played for three (!!!) youth selections.

So FIFA allows to change the nations without complications in youth selections. That's crazy!

Once this player plays in a FIFA competition for one nation, he cannot change.

A player can change national teams as long as he has not played in a FIFA competition, i.e. only in friendly matches.

A player can play for two nations in international friendlies and decide to switch if he wanted.

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Aug 31 11 11:18 AM

Just to add, I also noticed Louay Chanko played for Sweden in a friendly against Costa Rica and the same year switched to Syria. In 2011 he played in Asian Cup against Jordan. Probably they didn't notify FIFA then either..

www.soccer-db.info

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Nov 6 11 9:51 AM

Great result for the Qatari football: yesterday Al-Sadd won the AFC Champions League and they will represent Asia at the next FIFA Club World Cup.

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Nov 6 11 10:38 AM

pieter wrote:
it was a spectacular game, but why was it played in the home of Jeonju? Was the venue decided long before as in Europe or was there another reason?

I think there have been a draw. According to the official press kit: ...the Final match shall be played in accordance with the Knock-out system, single match hosted by one of the two participating clubs who will qualify for the Final Match. The host should be decided by draw...

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Nov 6 11 11:28 AM

anyway the best is a one match-final (no return match)l.....and as we see the visiting team has a good chance ; and there was a huge crowd which would not have been the case on a neutral venue....

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Feb 29 12 3:27 PM

Jordan and Iraq already through, with South Korea and Lebanon joining them after the formers win over Kuwait. Japan surprisingly lost at home and drew away to Uzbekistan but both teams through. Saudi Arabia again fail to qualify, with Australia and Oman through after both teams secured home wins against the Saudis and Thailand respectively. Most remarkable group E where Bahrain need to win and Qatar to lose with a 9 goal swing. Bahrain amazingly put 10 past Indonesia and were going through against the odds until Qatar equalised in Iran with 4 minutes to go. The final 10:
Iraq
Jordan
South Korea
Lebanon
Uzbekistan
Japan
Australia
Oman
Iran
Qatar

50% of these teams have never reached the World Cup.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#50 [url]

Feb 29 12 5:29 PM

I think the referee for the Bahrain v Indonesia match was Lebanese. Very unusual scoreline (10-0), even though Indonesia had their goalkeeper sent off in 4 minutes. Bahrain also missed 2 penalties, so it could have been worse.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Feb 29 12 6:25 PM

mcruic wrote:
I think the referee for the Bahrain v Indonesia match was Lebanese. Very unusual scoreline (10-0), even though Indonesia had their goalkeeper sent off in 4 minutes. Bahrain also missed 2 penalties, so it could have been worse.

Indonesia sent their u-23 team so I'm not surprised really.

www.soccer-db.info

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Feb 29 12 7:11 PM

it is not fair to anyone sending an u-23 team: not good for those young players, not good for the ranking , not fair regarding the competition (Qatar could have been the victim); it is a pity....bad idea of Indonesia FA!

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Feb 29 12 10:47 PM

trekky76 wrote:
mcruic wrote:

Indonesia sent their u-23 team so I'm not surprised really.

Indonesia did not send their U23 team , they had Samsidar (29.y.) , Ardiles (30.y.o) , Taufig (25. y.o) , Nurcahyo (28 y.o)

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/asia/matches/round=257791/match=300172578/index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesia_national_football_team

Indonesian FA dont want to use players from the rebel league Indonesia Super league and fielded inexperienced players .

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/home/indonesian-football-team-succumbs-to-historic-defeat/501636

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#55 [url]

Feb 29 12 10:59 PM

Even so - Even inexperienced Indonesian players shouldn't lose 10-0 to Bahrain - who are not one of the top powers in Asian football. This is the kind of result I would expect from a team like Bhutan. Surely these Indonesians should be better than that.

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Feb 29 12 11:00 PM

nfm24 wrote:
Shame that Qatar went through.

Oz, S.Korea, and Japan should make it comfortably.
Let's hope for Iraq too.

I'd like to see a new team qualify like Lebanon or Jordan. I imagine those teams will qualify but particularly Japan and South Korea struggled more than usual in the latest round. Saying that i'd say both these nations have improved a lot in the last few years, especially considering both sides made it to the last 16 of the World Cup.

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Feb 29 12 11:14 PM

I'd like to see Asian teams that can make a game of it when they get there. Japan and South Korea are the best bets for that, and Oz if you consider them to be Asian. They are reasonably solid defensively but have difficulty scoring goals against the Europeans and South Americans. Whereas the Gulf teams will generally concede more.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#58 [url]

Mar 2 12 12:31 AM

FIFA is investigating Bahrain's 10-0 win.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/01032012/58/world-cup-fifa-probe-bahrain-10-0-win.html

If you watch the video, it looks like Indonesia isn't even trying.

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Mar 2 12 9:21 AM

I thought this kind of "fixing" belonged to the past; the equaliser of Qatar in Iran could also be political to prevent Bahrain to qualify.... see the latest political events in the Middle East....
Anyway I hope Oman or Jordan or Uzbekistan will qualify: Lebanon seems the weekest team of the last 10 in Asia....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help