Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 21 09 7:56 AM

Tags : :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vuvuzela

We heard them at Confederations Cup, now there are also at the current Gold Cup. They sound like a swarm of bees and some viewers and even players are feeling disturbed by this instrument.

What do you think about?
Is it good for the atmosphere or just annoying?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jul 21 09 8:01 AM

I heard it on TV in the confederations cup, after a while I was used to it..So why not allow it. The Austrian FA forbid it (could be used as projectiles !!!)...

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jun 13 10 7:02 AM

The World Cup has begun, the instrument is omnipresent in every match.

It is so loud and monotous, that someone can hardly hear fan singings or emotions after a great chance.

Here in Germany, almost everyone is very annoyed of this instrument and the comments in forums are partly very aggressive.
("I swear, if a see a guy in the Bundesliga with this crap, I push it into his ***")
Some people says the vuvuzula is f***ing up the complete world cup. !!
"I would rather hear 40.000 bagpipes in a World Cup in Scotland than this vuvuzela" .
"Ban this shit"
etc..

Also the commentators in television are nerved which is really exceptional, as the commentators, at least in Germany, are very very neutral and tolerant.

I have to admit, at first I had nothing against the vuvuzela, but now it's getting on my last nerve.
When I saw yesterday Argentina - Nigeria I could hear a bit the typical support music of Nigerian supporters, which I like, but it was only some seconds, until the music was drowned by the vuvuzela.

No emotions, no fan singings, no feelings, just "Trooooooooooooooooot"...

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#8 [url]

Jun 13 10 11:15 AM

I agree. It was always good to hear the different countries and cultures coming together and having their own types of noise. Now we can only just hear celebrations for goals, and like you say, all this stupid vuvuzela playing. For me, there is no musical skill in playing one single note continuously. I hope that the rest of the world does not follow South Africa, and that the next World Cup will be vuvuzela-free.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#9 [url]

Jun 13 10 10:34 PM

It's like the matches in Russia / Ukraine, where they blow horns continuously. But it's what they do in South Africa, so if you hold the World Cup there, that's what happens. If the World Cup is in Brazil, you hear samba music. If it is in Germany, you hear oompah music.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#11 [url]

Jan 26 13 11:05 PM

mattsanger92 wrote:
No complaints that they're 'back' for the 2013 African Cup of Nations, or has everyone just gotten used to them by now?

Eh?  Sorry I can't hear you. smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jan 27 13 9:14 AM

The nature of the noise is that after 5 mins or so it becomes background noise, like living on a busy street. In quite a few matches the attendance has been so low for it not to be a major distraction, but on the other hand, the attendances are so low that without the vuvuzelas there would be no atmosphere in some games.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jan 27 13 9:35 AM

I don't remember the exact name, but during the old editions of the Intercontinental Cup in Tokyo, the Japanese fans used "deadly" trumpets which were even more lethal than the vuvuzelas...!

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jan 31 13 6:32 PM

Asking for official data on anything from CAF is a struggle... Attendances from the likes of soccernet or ESPN are based on estimates. Presumably the stadium staff have some record of how many people actually entered the stadiums. I think I even heard an attendance figure announced during one of the games, but I'm not sure.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help