Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 8 09 8:39 AM

Tags : :

22/12/2008 Oman 1:0 (0:0) Senegal
23/03/2009 Bahrain 5:2 (2:0) Zimbabwe

these matches were not count for A matches in other sites

should FIFA continue to keep these results?
but they can delete some matches like Malaysia-Zimbabwe, China-Senegal ...

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/results/

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 8 09 1:23 PM

Malaysia - Zimbawe was not Zimbabwe CHAN team . It was Monomotapa United ,a Zimbabwe club team.

I think in Oman and Bahrain match both wanted the matches counted as A matches, and FIFA accepted it. Maybe a wrong decision.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Sep 10 09 10:02 AM

Yes and you can argue similarly for the Danish ligalandshold ("league national team") of home-based players that tours at the start of every year, many of their games are considered full internationals, but not by the DBU.

European teams often field weak teams in friendlies, but they generally still count the matches. Why should Africa be different?

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#6 [url]

Nov 8 09 12:38 PM

I think there has to be some rule established about these matches. The team who is using the local players should be asked if they want the matches to be considered A matches, not the team who is playing against them. It is obvious Bahrain will want 5-2 and 5-1 victories included as A matches, because it will give them lots of ranking points, which will make it easier for them to get seeded in future tournaments.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Nov 8 09 4:48 PM

That's too simple if range">in a FIFA date you mean a day reserved by FIFA for playing A matches. Also non A teams can play on such days. Imho it is more important what the nation's intentions were. And why teams cannot play full A matches on non FIFA dates?

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#9 [url]

Nov 8 09 8:19 PM

Yes, too simple.. That would mean that Thailand v Syria that played today was not an A-match, and many others like that. FIFA made a list of international friendly dates a few years ago, and the purpose was so that countries could call up their best players for friendly matches (and if the match is on a FIFA date, the country has precedence over the club). However, it is basically a rule for the European and South American teams. Asian teams for example have the Asian Cup, whose qualifiers are played on non FIFA dates, and teams have to play friendly matches to prepare for the qualifiers for this competition. Also, CONCACAF Gold Cup qualifying matches are never played on 'FIFA dates'. These teams are at a disadvantage, as they cannot call up their best players (the clubs are under no obligation to release them on non FIFA dates). If you look at the recent CONCACAF Gold Cup, you will see that hardly any of the top teams had their full teams. This would be unthinkable at the European Championship, but is a regular occurrence for the CONCACAF Gold Cup, and even the Copa América. All continental championship Finals tournament dates should be considered 'FIFA dates'.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Nov 8 09 11:13 PM

Of course, but even in a CONCACAF qualifier, take Netherlands Antilles as example.. in WC qualifier they field a 90% Netherlands based team.. while in Caribbean Cup they field a home based team.. is it a A team?

I mentioned Neth. Antilles but i could mention some others that have their players in Europe.. Jamaica, Guadeloupe, etc..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Nov 9 09 12:07 PM

The Netherlands based Netherlands Antilles players just want to play WC qualifiers because they cannot afford to play other matches. So in other matches NA also field the best team they can get (at the moment).

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Nov 9 09 1:23 PM

One thing is certain: WC and continental championship matches must always be regarded as A-matches even if some FA for any reasopn field an understrength team.
I repeat this example: in 1990 Egypt played the African nations cup finals with a B-team because they wanted to prepare their A-team for the WC in Italy .... Those matches still count and must count as A-matches...
On friendlies and other tournaments the discussions are endless...but interesting

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Nov 9 09 5:22 PM

pieter wrote:
One thing is certain: WC and continental championship matches must always be regarded as A-matches even if some FA for any reasopn field an understrength team.
There's no doubt about this.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Nov 10 09 3:21 AM

on 13/11/1998,
China 0-3 Korea
both teams used Jia-A & K-League players respectively
(unofficial for KFA)

after 9 days, on 22/11/1998
China 0-0 Korea
(official)

should the first match to be regarded as A-match?

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/results/

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#17 [url]

Nov 13 09 6:46 PM

The problem here is : The CECAFA Cup, even though it is an A tournament, is in reality played by CHAN teams, because most teams do not call up their foreign players. The same is true of the COSAFA Cup.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#18 [url]

Dec 28 09 6:19 AM

Botswana are using the same team that played in the 2009 COSAFA Cup for the 2011 CHAN qualifiers. I think FIFA has to act on this soon. We have a situation where a country uses the same team, and in one tournament their matches are counted as A matches while in another tournament their matches are completely ignored.

It is true that the CHAN matches are restrictive in that they only allow players from the African continent to play - but for some countries, this makes no difference at all, as their regular national team players all play on the African continent anyway.

I think probably the fairest thing to do is to ask each of the associations concerned if they want the match to be considered as a regular national team match. If both agree, then the match can be counted towards the FIFA ranking.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Dec 28 09 11:04 AM

Either you have a separate CHAN team with own coach and all or you don't. The problem lies in restrictions which obviously in this case doesn't matter.
But yes, if an FA awards caps then match should be full international.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Dec 29 09 8:40 PM

mcruic wrote:
Botswana are using the same team that played in the 2009 COSAFA Cup for the 2011 CHAN qualifiers. I think FIFA has to act on this soon. We have a situation where a country uses the same team, and in one tournament their matches are counted as A matches while in another tournament their matches are completely ignored.

Not the individual FA's also FIFA ignores some matches. Now I am talking about the post 1956 Olympic Games (qualifying) matches. How about Poland v Denmark at the 1972 Olympics i.e? Both nations fielded their first NT, both national FA regard this match as official (full) A international, but FIFA ignores this match because concerning Olympic Games matches they count all matches untill 1956 (even if some nations did not field their first NT and/or does not regard this match such), but deleted all Olympic matches played afterwards.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help