March 3 matches:
Angola CHAN 1-1 Latvia
Libya CHAN 2-1 Mali
Mozambique CHAN 0 - 1 Botswana CHAN
Nigeria 5-2 DR Congo CHAN
Tanzania CHAN 2 - 3 Uganda CHAN
Zimbabwe CHAN 2 - 1 Malawi CHAN
correct ??

will FIFA consider Sierra Leone - Guinea matches ??

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/results/

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#22 [url]

Mar 5 10 1:04 AM

The only difference with these matches is they were played on a FIFA date - so in theory, the teams concerned COULD HAVE called up their best players, but they chose not to. On non FIFA dates the teams do not have this option.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Mar 13 10 8:49 AM

Tanaka wrote:
Angola v Latvia match was deleted...

reason???
CHAN?
> 6 subs?

Angola used 7 subs.

http://www.portalangop.co.ao/motix/pt_pt/noticias/desporto/2010/2/9/Angola-Letonia-Ficha-tecnica,9deaa342-a082-46b0-9a42-e90341cafcd6.html

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#25 [url]

Nov 16 10 3:59 AM

10/05/10 - Mexico 1-0 Senegal (CHAN)

Senegal used same CHAN team that played one month before in the WAFU nations cup (where they lost to Nigeria in the final)

Senegal used this same CHAN team against Yemen recently (losing 4-1).

Mexico v Senegal is on FIFA.com, Yemen v Senegal is not. None of the WAFU Cup games are on FIFA.com

It seems that Senegal decided to treat the Mexico match as an A match, and decided not to in the case of the Yemen match (a valid decision). This decision has to be given to FIFA at least 48 hours before the match is played, though, and not after. I wonder if this was done?

Also:
From FIFA's statutes:

78 International matches and competitions
1. The Executive Committee shall be responsible for issuing provisions for organising international matches and competitions between representative teams and between League and/or club teams. No such match or competition shall take place without the prior permission of FIFA.

I don't mean to criticise FIFA all the time - but FIFA has to know about all matches before they are played - it is in their rules. If they don't want criticism, they should either remove their rules from the public domain, OR, preferably, leave them there, but adhere to them.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#27 [url]

Jan 26 11 10:31 PM

Tanaka wrote:
29.01 Ethiopia 'B' v Sudan 'B'

Ethiopia CHAN v Sudan CHAN ??
but it is friendly match

Yes - Sudan are using it as preparation for CHAN 2011. Sudan CHAN is basically the same team that played in the Nile Basin tournament (which was classed as their A team), as most Sudanese players play for teams in the Sudanese league.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Jan 26 11 11:28 PM

I dont think Sudan NT got any players playing in foreign leagues ?

Ethiopia withdrew from CHAN qualifiers.

Possible "A" match ?

Link about this match ?

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#29 [url]

Jan 27 11 4:11 PM

jonny wrote:
I dont think Sudan NT got any players playing in foreign leagues ?

Ethiopia withdrew from CHAN qualifiers.

Possible "A" match ?

Link about this match ?

http://www.starafrica.com/en/football/news/article/friendly-match-ethiopia-versus-sudan-142857.html

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Feb 1 13 11:35 PM

Several CHAN matcher have been added to fifa.com, retrospectively. It seems they will be more likely to be included for ranking from now on.
This means CHAN qualifiers are now full internationals as well.. insane!

Last Edited By: SDb Feb 2 13 12:30 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Feb 2 13 6:29 PM

pieter wrote:
One thing is certain: WC and continental championship matches must always be regarded as A-matches even if some FA for any reasopn field an understrength team.
I repeat this example: in 1990 Egypt played the African nations cup finals with a B-team because they wanted to prepare their A-team for the WC in Italy .... Those matches still count and must count as A-matches...

Still, the earlier editions of the ANC (until 1980) imposed restrictions on the number of overseas-based players in the squads, with a total ban being in place until 1965 - those squads were, in fact, what we would now call CHAN teams.

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Feb 2 13 6:47 PM

I agree that CHAN teams should be treated no differently than European league selections.. meaning individual judgement by respective associations. But, this still will create issues.. no doubt about that. Plus I can only see this hurting CAF rankings overall as they all are treated as friendlies.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#33 [url]

Feb 2 13 11:50 PM

The story behind the decision to include the CHAN matches is even more ridiculous than the actual decision.  I could write a huge list here, but I won't.  I think most people know the problems.

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Feb 3 13 12:55 AM

It boils down to the people in the position to make the decision not knowing or caring enough about the subject to base their decision on anything other than self-interest.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Mar 15 13 4:16 PM

BBC ran a story about Crewe's Mathias Pogba making his international debut last month (5 Feb vs Senegal), I checked the FIFA website and the result isn't included. I've emailed them to enquire why it's not included.

Nevermind - it was 9 subs used.

SENEGAL: Coundoul (Ch. Ndiaye, 46th) - Z. Touré, L. Sane (Ch. Kouyaté, 62) Bayal Sall (Abd. Ba, 46), Arm. Traoré (Mbengue 46) - Id Gana Gueye (Re Gomis, 46) Diamé (cap) (Deme Ndiaye, 46), Dia (Sa Mane, 67) - Moussa Sow (MB Diouf, 46), P. Cisse, Dame Ndoye (Abd. Sane, 82). Entr. A. Giresse.

GUINEA: Aziz Keita (Aboub. Camara, 46) - T. Bah (Kalabane, 46) Zayatte (cap), Flo. Pogba (Ma Mara, 82), Iss. Sylla (Ib Bangoura, 76) - Moh. Diarra (Math. Pogba, 61) Sad. Diallo (Seyd. Soumah, 46), Lan.Camara (Lass. Touré, 46), Razz. Camara (Ib Conte, 46) - Lass.Bangoura (Ib Traoré, 46), Sal. Cissé. Entr. Mr. Dussuyer.

Last Edited By: Blue Lou Mar 15 13 4:37 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Mar 16 13 10:11 AM

As I read the article it seems it was all a misunderstanding. Don't see how this is comparable to a match with 18 subs.
I believe today teams use more subs than they can simply because they don't care about including the match in the ranking; they know very well it usually just damage the ranking. And both federations can still consider this match a full international in their own records; madness I know but that's the reality.

www.soccer-db.info - football internationals

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#39 [url]

Mar 17 13 11:48 PM

There's a simple calculation to solve the problem of playing friendly matches reducing the team's ranking. Unfortunately, FIFA don't know/care about it.

If they have such a poor opinion of friendly matches, and they are so detrimental to teams' ranking, like you say, they can't expect the FAs to care.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help