Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

Site Admin

Lead

Nov 23 09 6:11 AM

Tags : :

According to the Egyptian FA, Egypt has withdrawn from UNAF, leaving only Morocco, Tunisia, Libya and Algeria as members. I wonder if this has anything to do with them not qualifying for the World Cup?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#2 [url]

Nov 23 09 10:36 PM

UNAF CHAMPIONS CUP
2008/09 Espérance (Tun)

UNAF CUP-WINNERS CUP
2008/09 Club Africain (Tun)

UNAF MEN'S U-17 CHAMPIONSHIP

2009 - Burkina Faso (guests)

UNAF WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP
2009 - Tunisia

UNAF MEN'S FUTSAL CHAMPIONSHIP
2009 - Libya

There will also be men's U-19 and men's U-23 tournaments next year and a women's club competition.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Nov 25 09 11:51 AM

It is because of the events after the playoff game and all the drama behind ...They decided to retire from UNAF.

Among other decisions after this prolific games, Egyptian Actors decied not to deal with Algerians which is very hilarious to me

"....And the smarter ones beetween us, are those who find out about their social stupidity earlier...." Abd daim !!!!

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Apr 22 10 12:10 PM

On the subject of Egypt;
What is the precise date for their matches in the summer of 1924? I have two matches played on June 1st (Lithuania and Sweden). One source has July 1st for Lithuania match. But since both were played in Vincennes it seems odd that they would return there after a month.. Also cos on June 29th they play Sweden in Stockholm.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Apr 6 12 2:16 PM

Why is Egypt playing so many friendlies ? They seem to play anyone because the announced opponents often change.... Is their local championship suspended? Are they not allowed to play at home? Are they preparing the team for something...?

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Apr 10 12 8:24 AM

now they seem to play two games on the 14: Angola and Nigeria....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#13 [url]

May 21 12 3:24 PM

trekky76 wrote:
On the subject of Egypt;
What is the precise date for their matches in the summer of 1924? I have two matches played on June 1st (Lithuania and Sweden). One source has July 1st for Lithuania match. But since both were played in Vincennes it seems odd that they would return there after a month.. Also cos on June 29th they play Sweden in Stockholm.

Could this match have been played July 1st after all? The referee was Estonian (Silber) and he did not appear during the Olympic tournament.. Maybe the match was played in Estonia or Lithuania after their journey back from Stockholm? Unfortunately, the archives of "Karys" are incomplete for 1924; it confirms the Olympic matches schedule but doesn't mention the Egypt match.

www.soccer-db.info

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

May 21 12 5:29 PM

trekky76 wrote:
Could this match have been played July 1st after all? The referee was Estonian (Silber) and he did not appear during the Olympic tournament.. Maybe the match was played in Estonia or Lithuania after their journey back from Stockholm? Unfortunately, the archives of "Karys" are incomplete for 1924; it confirms the Olympic matches schedule but doesn't mention the Egypt match.

You could check Estonian newspapers:
http://dea.nlib.ee/index.php?list

I guess you've already tried Lithuanian
http://www.epaveldas.lt/vbspi/

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

May 21 12 10:17 PM

pieter wrote:
Egypt-Cameroun : seems Cameroun A not national team
match played in Khartoum not in Marrakech....
is this right?

Egypt changed and is now in Sudan.

They played a Cameroon local team. Cameroon first team is on training camp in France.

http://www.camfoot.com/actualites/amical-l-egypte-bat-le-cameroun-2-1,3857.html

They play Togo today .

http://www.togofootballnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=506:egypte--togonnla-liste-des-eperviers-convoques&catid=35:le-monde-des-eperviers&Itemid=48

Senegal friendly for 25. May is cancelled

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

May 22 12 9:11 PM

pieter wrote:
the Cameroun match is back on FIFA's list.... seems to be considered full international...

Yes, I dont think that is right...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help