Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Dec 30 13 10:47 AM

It's not too difficult for Russian-speakers )) "In Moscow the Uruguayan football team Nacional lost 0-2 a friendly match against Spartak Moscow, the leading team of the Soviet championship."

We've found this one:

18-07-1969. Moscow. Lokomotiv Stadium. 2000
Lokomotiv Moscow - United Arab Republic 2-2 (2-1) [Atamalian 40', Kokh 45' - Samad 9', Shehta 55']
Lokomotiv: Vladimir Shalashov, Vladimir Basalayev, Yuri Ivanov, Vladimir Beliakov, Vladimir Selivanovski, Viacheslav Naumov, Valeri Sheludko, Tagir Aliyakberov, Boris Kokh, Rudolf Atamalian, Dmitri Dimitriadi.

Also:

21-07-1969 in Rostov on Don. RSFSR - UAR 2-2
23-07-1969 in Minsk. Dinamo Minsk - UAR 3-2

Soviet weekly Футбол-Хоккей said that Polish Olympic selection played four games in the USSR. It's probably Dzennik considered a match between Soviet and Polish league selections as a fifth match. It was played on 31-08-1969 in Moscow (http://russia-matches.ucoz.ru/publ/matchi/1969/sssr_kluby_potlsha_kluby_00/40-1-0-531).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#25 [url]

Jan 2 14 5:07 PM

Thanks. All countries are connected to each other...
The 31-8-69 match was again full national teams pretending to be "league selections" in order to play each other unofficially.

Did anyone find the exact date of the match Georgian SSR 0-1 Poland ?

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Jan 2 14 5:51 PM

nfm24 wrote:
Thanks. All countries are connected to each other...
The 31-8-69 match was again full national teams pretending to be "league selections" in order to play each other unofficially.

Did anyone find the exact date of the match Georgian SSR 0-1 Poland ?

Regarding the 31-08-1969 match a very interesting post by TovKirov. Soviet FA wanted to include that and some other matches, Polish FA did not have objections, but they wanted to officialize another three matches played by the Olympic team which Soviet FA rejected.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Feb 13 14 6:36 PM

Chile was scheduled to play several matches in 1973 but it seems they were cancelled with short notice;
March 11th vs Nicaragua, March 14th vs Honduras, March 18th and 21st vs Haiti, March 27th vs Mexico.
Anyone know more about this tour?

www.soccer-db.info - football internationals

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Feb 13 14 7:50 PM

in 1973 there was the "coup" of Pinochet and I suppose this lead to a certain "isolation"; everyone tried to avoid playing Chile.....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#29 [url]

Feb 13 14 7:57 PM

pieter wrote:
in 1973 there was the "coup" of Pinochet and I suppose this lead to a certain "isolation"; everyone tried to avoid playing Chile.....
Yes, but "Golpe" was in September, while those friendlies were in March. I don't have a sure answer, but I think the reason was the fact that, in the very same period, Colo-Colo had to face several engagements in the Copa Libertadores, so, as the National team was mainly composed by players from such club, they probably preferred to cancel those friendlies, giving the priority to the Copa Libertadores.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Feb 13 14 9:10 PM

I could only find the original schedule, as given in El Informador: 11/03 Nicaragua | 14/03 Honduras | 18/03 and 21/03 Haiti | 24/03 Guatemala | 27/03 Mexico | 01/04 San Luis FC | 05/04 SC Internacional

All matches in the respective national capitals, except the last two (in San Luis Potosí and Porto Alegre, respectively)

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Jul 14 15 7:40 PM

These were not all my finds, but thanks.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help