Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Jul 8 11 9:49 AM

Part of me wanted Montserrat to proceed.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 [url]

Jul 9 11 10:26 AM

It's all about cost saving. For playing the home match away, 0-2 is a good result for them.
Anyway, Aruba's 4-2 over St Lucia must be the biggest upset so far. First time in over ten years the Arubans win a match!

www.soccer-db.info

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#26 [url]

Jul 10 11 12:17 AM

pieter wrote:
But the record of St Lucia for the last 3 or 4 years is very poor too, I think Aruba can eliminate them...

I agree - Aruba beating Saint Lucia was not an upset. I had Aruba ranked ahead of Saint Lucia before the game played. Saint Lucia has been playing really bad as Pieter said for quite a few years, even losing to the Turks & Caicos Islands. The fact Aruba has not won a match in 10 years is more down to the fact that they were always in the lowest seeding group, so always played higher-ranked teams and never got the chance to test themselves against teams at a similar level.

For me, the biggest upset so far has been the ease with which Bahamas beat TCI. I didn't expect them to score 10 goals over 2 legs.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Jul 31 11 4:05 AM

North, Central America and the Caribbean Zone Draw (Round Two)
Group A: El Salvador, Surinam, Cayman Islands, Dominican Republic
Group B: Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, Barbados, Bermuda
Group C: Panama, Dominica, Nicaragua, Bahamas
Group D: Canada, St. Kitts and Nevis, Puerto Rico, St Lucia
Group E: Grenada, Guatemala, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Belize
Group F: Haiti, Antigua and Barbuda, Curacao, US Virgin Islands

North, Central America and the Caribbean Zone Draw (Round Three)
Group A: USA, Jamaica, Winner of R2 Grp E, Winner of R2 Grp F
Group B: Mexico, Costa Rica, Winner of R2 Grp A, Winner of R2 Grp B
Group C: Honduras, Cuba, Winner of R2 Grp D, Winner of R2 Grp C

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/results/

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Oct 8 11 6:47 PM

trekky76 wrote:
Barbados played Guyana for the 5th time this year. That must be a record of some kind?

In 1983, Kenya played six friendlies against Ethiopia, according to the Italian magazine Guerin Sportivo n. 11, 1984.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#33 [url]

Oct 13 12 9:07 PM

Canada-Cuba 3-0. Cuba had only 11 players available in this match (hence no subs) cos the rest defected!

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/three-cuban-soccer-players-defected-ahead-of-game-in-toronto-1.994381

www.soccer-db.info

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Oct 17 12 7:43 PM

Luca wrote:
Honduras-Canada 8-1

One of the worst defeats in Canadian soccer history.

The second worst defeat ever for Canada. It still is 8-0 against Mexico on 18-07-1993. On 06-07-1975 Canada lost 8-1 at home against Canada. Well, one of my cousins who is living in Canada took it very sportive by calling it: touchdown for Honduras.........

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Oct 17 12 8:02 PM

nfm24 wrote:
Fast Midfielder wrote:
On 06-07-1975 Canada lost 8-1 at home against Canada.

That's certainly a worse defeat...

The most terrible one. Stupid mistake of mine Canada lost against Poland that day.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Oct 18 12 8:04 AM

pieter wrote:
anyway, their worst defeat against CONCACAF opposition; and in a decisif qualification match it may be a record?

Their worst defeat ever is 8-0 against Mexico, which is ConCaCaf member.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Oct 18 12 7:21 PM

pieter wrote:
anyway, their worst defeat against CONCACAF opposition; and in a decisif qualification match it may be a record?

Mexico defeated Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 11-0 during the 1994 World Cup qualifiers. At that time the coach of Mexico was the famous César Luis Menotti.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help