Remove this ad

#61 [url]

Mar 19 13 9:57 AM

I can't open them either. I think it's a technical bug of their website.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#62 [url]

Mar 19 13 3:50 PM

So actually these friendlies against Haiti and Japan are not A-international matches and should be deleted as such.

No. What's done is done. I could give you an examle of hundred other matches that could be deleted for various reasons.

www.soccer-db.info - football internationals

Quote    Reply   

#63 [url]

Mar 21 13 11:28 AM

SDb wrote:

So actually these friendlies against Haiti and Japan are not A-international matches and should be deleted as such.

No. What's done is done. I could give you an examle of hundred other matches that could be deleted for various reasons.

This answer is too easy. First we have to asked ourselves what was the appointment PZPN made with their opponents initially when these matches were arranged. And if they acted later the same by saying: "No. What's done is done". PZPN would never have included these matches afterwards.

Of course you could give a hundred examples of hundred other matches that could be deleted for various reasons. But if the appointment was to send an A-team the story is different. In such a case it's the NT-manager's choice to field whoever he wants, as long he is legible to play for the team and there is no reason to delete a match. But if the appointment was not to send an A-team it's a different story.

Quote    Reply   

#66 [url]

Jan 17 14 11:34 AM

I use Firefox, but when I want to install the DJVU Browser plugin my computer get stucked. If you are able to open the pages, please can you find the tine ups of following matches?

04-05-1947 Poland 0-2 Sofia (=Bulgaria NT)
20-04-1948 Silesia 2-1 Prague (two days after Poland - Czechoslovakia)
21-08-1950 Helsinki 2-4 Poland
06-12-1953 Tirana 2-0 Warsaw (one week after Albania - Poland; in 1953 Albania NT existed of Tirana based players, Poland NT mostly of non Warsaw players)
02(?)-05-1954 Warsaw 0-0 Prague (in 1954 hardly Warsaw based players were fielded in Poland NT, Czechoslovakia was preparing for 1954 World Cup
17-05-1954 Prague 4-2 Warsaw (same as 02(?)-05-1954 match; both Polish goalscorers were not from Waraw based clubs)
17-07-1955 Warsaw 9-1 Helsinki (in 1955 Poland NT hardly fielded Waraw based players; two of the goalscorers were not from Warsaw based clubs)
23-07-1955 Warsaw 4-2 Budapest (goalscorer Cieslik was not a Warsaw based player)
10-08-1955 Warsaw 0-3 Tirana (goalscorer Cieslik was not a Warsaw based player)
10-08-1955 Warsaw 0-1 Bucharest
12-08-1955 Warsaw 3-1 Cairo
05-05-1957 Poland League 1-0 Hungary League
11-11-1958 Antwerp 3-6 Warsaw (match was played in Brussels; Polish goalscorers Pohl and Majewski were not from Warsaw based clubs)
30-03-1959 Antwerp 3-1 Warsaw (match was played in Brussels)
02-12-1959 Haifa 0-3 Warsaw (three days after the Israel - Poland match; Polish goalscorer Pohl was not from a Warsaw based club)

Last Edited By: Fast Midfielder Jan 17 14 11:39 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#68 [url]

Jan 17 14 3:41 PM

I run Firefox on Linux, and I am not the admin. So basically my computer is just a rock to eat my sandwiches on.
I tried the "rollApp" add-on to Firefox but it didn't display anything other than an empty file.

I wonder why they scanned so many years to GIF then changed to DjVu? Pick one!

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

Jan 18 14 12:57 AM

Well yes I assumed you guys had tried that already, since that is precisely the instruction written on the page itself. Cuminas does not have a Linux version for me though.
Anyway, on the occasion that I *really* need to see it I will borrow a Windows computer, or conscript one of you guys to work ;-)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#73 [url]

Jan 18 14 4:23 PM

Some extracts from the article;
2nd match in Albania at the Central Stadium under the name Tirana-Warsaw. This was a 2nd defeat. Tirana played with same squad as on Sunday while Polish team made some changes (lineup in the article). Scorers for Tirana; Refik Resmja 60' and unknown at 75'

Quote    Reply   

#74 [url]

Jan 18 14 4:32 PM

SDb wrote:
Some extracts from the article;
2nd match in Albania at the Central Stadium under the name Tirana-Warsaw. This was a 2nd defeat. Tirana played with same squad as on Sunday while Polish team made some changes (lineup in the article). Scorers for Tirana; Refik Resmja 60' and unknown at 75'

Which means this match can also be regarded as A-international Albania vs Poland. Albania fielded the same tea as in de full international, Poland team was drawn from the same selection that was in Albania at the time.

Quote    Reply   

#76 [url]

Jan 18 14 7:23 PM

Well facts are generally preferable :-)
For those of us who cannot see the articles (or cannot be bothered to take necessary steps to do so), could you kindly type the lineups each time you consult these DjVu files.

Quote    Reply   

#77 [url]

Jan 18 14 8:45 PM

Warsaw selection vs Tirana:
Edward Szymkowiak, Roman Durniok, Henryk Bartyla, Władysław Sobkowiak, Zdzisław Bieniek, Józef Wieczorek, Kazimierz Trampisz, Czesław Rajtar, Henryk Alszer (Robert Gronowski 46'), Jerzy Krasówka, Andrzej Cehelik (Paweł Sobek 46')

Quote    Reply   

#79 [url]

Jan 20 14 2:25 PM

On 02-05-1954 the Warsaw 0-0 Prague match was played (see page 3). Both teams also fielded players from other cities, so this match was de facto a Poland XI vs Czechoslovakia XI match. Comparing both sides the Poland XI is close to Poland full NT, the Czechoslovakia XI a mix between A- and other players.

Poland XI: Szymkowiak - Durniok (Bartyla), Korint - Hajasz (??), Grzywocz, Siakaria - Jaziarski, Cielsik, Alszar, Piachaczak (Kempnyi), Wisniewski.
Czechoslovakia XI: Schroif - Krasnaharsky, Hledik - Jankovic, Geogh, Prohazka - Pazdara, Tibansky, Cimre (??), Kacznar (??), Kocany.

On 17-05-1954 the Prague 4-2 Warsaw match was played (see page 2). Again both teams also fielded players from other cities, so this match was de facto a Czechoslovakia XI vs Poland XI match

Czechoslovakia XI: Houska (Kablcek) - Senecky, Prohazka, Zuzanek - Helsky, Menclik (Dvorak), Urban, Müller, Masopust, Berovicka (Moravcik), Dobay.
Poland XI: Szymkowiak - Korynt, Orlowski - Hejesz, Grzywecz (Siokiora), Mamen - Jezlerski, Cieslik, Alszer (Kempny), Brychcy, Wisniewski.

Goals: Czechoslovakia XI: Masopust, Müller (both 2?). Poland XI: Cielsik, Kempny.

May be someone can translate both articles and correct the names if wrongly written. I can imagine Czechoslovakia XI prepared for the 1954 World Cup.

Last Edited By: Fast Midfielder Jan 20 14 2:43 PM. Edited 7 times.

Quote    Reply   

#80 [url]

Jan 20 14 4:30 PM

Fast Midfielder wrote:
On 02-05-1954 the Warsaw 0-0 Prague match was played (see page 3). Both teams also fielded players from other cities, so this match was de facto a Poland XI vs Czechoslovakia XI match. Comparing both sides the Poland XI is close to Poland full NT, the Czechoslovakia XI a mix between A- and other players.

Poland XI: Szymkowiak - Durniok (Bartyla), Korint - Hajasz (??), Grzywocz, Siakaria - Jaziarski, Cielsik, Alszar, Piachaczak (Kempnyi), Wisniewski.
Czechoslovakia XI: Schroif - Krasnaharsky, Hledik - Jankovic, Geogh, Prohazka - Pazdara, Tibansky, Cimre (??), Kacznar (??), Kocany.

On 17-05-1954 the Prague 4-2 Warsaw match was played (see page 2). Again both teams also fielded players from other cities, so this match was de facto a Czechoslovakia XI vs Poland XI match

Czechoslovakia XI: Houska (Kablcek) - Senecky, Prohazka, Zuzanek - Helsky, Menclik (Dvorak), Urban, Müller, Masopust, Berovicka (Moravcik), Dobay.
Poland XI: Szymkowiak - Korynt, Orlowski - Hejesz, Grzywecz (Siokiora), Mamen - Jezlerski, Cieslik, Alszer (Kempny), Brychcy, Wisniewski.

Goals: Czechoslovakia XI: Masopust, Müller (both 2?). Poland XI: Cielsik, Kempny.

May be someone can translate both articles and correct the names if wrongly written. I can imagine Czechoslovakia XI prepared for the 1954 World Cup.
It's difficult to guess with last names only. Some of them are common in Poland and could indicate other domestic players. Also there are a lot of spelling misstakes all over the article (like every other word) so the names are not spelled correctly either.
Anyway, matches played to honor the 1954 Peace Race (bicycle race) Warsaw-Prague (start and finish).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help