Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

Site Admin

Lead

Sep 8 10 6:34 PM

Tags : :

For any of you who actually look at the rankings:

Another update of the rankings is underway, so you will see the following teams removed from the men's football rankings:

Bonaire, Wallis & Futuna, Niue, Palau.

This will leave 234 teams.

I have decided to include only match results from the start of the year 2000 in calculating the rankings, Before, all matches since 1872 were included in the calculation, but this resulted in a few innacurate rankings (For example, those of Guernsey, Jersey, etc. who were ranked above Faroe Islands). This consideration of matches only after 2000 should produce, hopefully, a more accurate system which should reflect current form better.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 17 10 12:05 PM

New 8-year Roon-BA ranking

Hi Mark!

I'm very excited to view the New 8-year Roon-BA ranking.
The last ranking I've seen till now is however that of 08/09/2010 @ 05:10:02 GMT, but it still included the 238 teams.
Till Sep 16th I could still see the results and fixtures on http://roonba.com./
And on http://roonba.com/footballmen.html
But since Sep 17th I receive
Network Error (tcp_error)
A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.
on the 2 adresses named above.
I received the Network error on http://roonba.com/rankfootball.html
since Sep 10th or 11th .
Could you please check this?

Greetings
Stevan

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#2 [url]

Sep 17 10 10:59 PM

Hi Stevan - the rankings have been taken offline until the new system is operational. It's taking quite a long time to complete this, I have sent you a private message to explain what the changes will be.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 27 11 9:19 AM

Despite of American Samoa's win against Tonga and draw against the Cook Islands they`re still in a very low position (234). At first I was unsure if it represents their current development, but I think altogether it's all right, as you consider all results since 2000.
And American Samoa have to confirm their improvement in their next matches and hopefully not lose 0-7 against Tahiti for example.

In FIFA "official" ranking, American Samoa moved up 18 places to position 186, while Samoa moved up 55 (!!!!) places to pos. 149 and are in a level with Malaysia and Equatorial Guinea...

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#4 [url]

Dec 28 11 6:45 PM

Yes, the rankings on this site reflect the last 10 matches a team plays. Taking the other 7 matches into account, a big rise in their ranking was not justified (although there WAS a big rise in their total ranking points).

If Samoa is as good as Malaysia and Equatorial Guinea, and American Samoa is better than Andorra - then I will gladly eat my computer.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#5 [url]

Mar 28 13 1:40 AM

Just a brief update on the absentee rankings - I finally managed to write some code for the program, thanks to some help from CTR - who has an excellent habit of explaining difficult things in simple ways.

Now I have 4 separate parts to my ranking - and tomorrow I will attempt to put them all together and see what happens (hopefully something good will happen, otherwise I may destroy my computer with a very large hammer).

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#7 [url]

Jul 20 13 11:37 AM

Hi - unfortunately, fixing the rankings takes time, and I don't have time at the moment. There is a note on the home page saying I hope to have them back by 31st July. But again, this all depends on me finding time, as I am trying to update the website and do other work at the same time. I need a good stretch of 'brain time' (meaning a whole day with no interruptions) so I can think clearly.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#12 [url]

Jan 9 14 12:23 AM

But alas, the world is not free of corruption. I fully expect that bag to be stolen later this year (and then perhaps be found by a dog in a garden?). Given the choice, I would prefer it to be borrowed, and returned by an octopus in a tuxedo riding in a toboggan. But we can't have everything we want.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help