Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

Site Admin

Lead

Sep 9 10 11:19 AM

Tags : :

07.09 Bahrain v Togo has been deleted. I expect FIFA will delete this soon too. Togo FA knew nothing about the match, and the team that was sent was not the national team. It surprises me how this continues to happen. It is clear that national football federations have to deal with each other, and not with agents.

http://www.republicoftogo.com/Toutes-les-rubriques/Sport/Entourloupe-a-Manama

3 Togo players are mentioned in the report in the Gulf Daily News:

Ali Ousseni - goalkeeper
Aboudou Adama - forward
Tiekour Aba - defender

I haven't been able to find any information on who these players are.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#3 [url]

May 29 11 3:07 AM

pieter wrote:
I suppose Barbados-St Vincent has been cancelled: it is no longer on FIFA's website.....

It is part of the Bradley International Soccer Tournament.

Bradley University from Chicago, St.Vincent/Grenadines, Barbados, Guyana.

All teams play each other once - except St.Vincent will not play Guyana (not sure why).

FIXTURES/RESULTS
Barbados 0-2 Bradley University
Guyana 2-1 Bradley University
Barbados v St.Vincent & the Grenadines
Bradley University v St. Vincent & the Grenadines
Barbados v Guyana

I've still got it on the site - it definitely played (I saw a post on a forum from someone who was watching the start of the match, but it seems they did not stay until the end of the match - Barbados were apparently playing better at the beginning).

It's very difficult to get news from certain Caribbean countries - especially at the weekend, but it will probably appear either in Sunday or Monday's Barbados newspapers.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#5 [url]

May 29 11 11:04 AM

Barbados 0-0 St.Vincent & the Grenadines.

Guyana and St.Vincent & the Grenadines are both preparing for Olympic qualifiers - so are using mostly U-23 players.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#7 [url]

Jun 26 11 10:43 PM

pieter wrote:
No Tajikistan-Afghanistan match?

Cancelled due to a funding dispute between Afghanistan FA and Afghanistan Olympic Committee, so Afghanistan could not travel. They were supposed to play Tajikistan U-23 and also Tajikistan national team.

http://footballafghanistan.com/news/23-06-2011/aff-solved-the-problems-team-e-melli-travels-to-tajikistan-tomorrow

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#8 [url]

Jul 9 11 12:54 AM

South Sudan v Kenya on 9th July cancelled as Kenya could not travel. South Sudan will play their first official match on 10th July, but it will be against Kenyan club side Tusker FC. We will have to wait a bit longer for their first international match.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Mar 6 14 10:48 AM

Did I get this right?  following matches deleted: Pakistan-Afganistan                Sudan-Kenya                 Congo-Libya (goalzz gives a 0-0 result...?)

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#10 [url]

Mar 6 14 10:52 AM

Pakistan-Afghanistan was 'deleted' about a week ago.

Kenya could not travel to Sudan, so the match was cancelled.

Libya could not play for some reason, so Congo instead played Al Ahly Tripoli (Al Ahly won 1-0)

All matches that appear here are not necessarily confirmed.  So the removal of a match can just mean that the match was never confirmed (for example, Pakistan v Afghanistan was never 100% certain).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#13 [url]

Apr 6 14 7:21 PM

Back - don't know what happened. It was on the home page.

Monaco are really bad. Ellan Vannin embarrassing them.  3-0 up after 25 minutes, 5-0 at half-time.

FULL-TIME: Ellan Vannin 10-0 Monaco

I can see why Monaco don't want to join UEFA.  They can't even compete with the minnows of UEFA.  I think they should allow Monaco into the Island Games Association (Gibraltar is the other non-island member).  They would at least get regular meaningful football.  There is a free space now that Prince Edward Island has left.

Last Edited By: TheRoonBa Apr 6 14 7:36 PM. Edited 4 times.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Apr 7 14 12:37 PM

I would like to see Monaco join anyway. It's not all about having a vaguely competitive national team.

It's anomalous that there are independent countries which have no representative teams in the world's number 1 sport. In my view, FIFA (and UEFA etc) should be actively seeking to recruit those countries and territories which have not yet become members. They should be helping them to join.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#16 [url]

Apr 7 14 1:20 PM

It appears to me that this team would be better to represent Isle of Man than the Isle of Man FA team. I am not sure the Isle of Man FA would have scored 10 against Monaco.

For me and my non-FIFA rankings, which I will release shortly, this creates the unusual situation where Isle of Man and Ellan Vannin will both appear on the same ranking, despite sharing players.

The IGA has rules regarding eligibility, so the Isle of Man team participating in the Island Games (i.e. the majority of their 'international' matches) has to follow these rules.

The players on the team must therefore have been:
1) born on the Isle of Man
2) a resident of the Isle of Man for a period of at least 1 year prior to the games

As far as I'm concerned, that would constitute a national team in any other situation (although the residency period may be longer).

The Ellan Vannin team, therefore, eliminates players who would have qualified through residency, and welcomes Manx players who play off-island. However, there are many cases of players playing for countries solely due to residency rules. There really needs to be some kind of compromise between the IOMFA and the MIFA. Having 2 national teams doesn't make sense, especially if players can represent both.

This would ordinarily have gone down as "Isle of Man 10-0 Monaco", and it may make sense to simply count this and all subsequent matches in Isle of Man's record (however, we have precedents of other 'dissident' FAs playing international matches which do not count as official, though I'm not sure if these shared personnel with the original FA in each case).

Last Edited By: TheRoonBa Apr 7 14 1:23 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Apr 7 14 3:10 PM

nfm24 wrote:

There aren't many teams which hit a double digit victories on their international début. Congrats!

Sweden did. 11-3 against Norway in 1908. Some guy from Sweden still is singing about.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Apr 7 14 5:56 PM

According to my notes that has also occured with Guatemala (10-1 vs Honduras, 1921) and potentially Denmark (17-1 vs France CFI, 1908 OG) if we disregard their earlier 9-0 win over France USFSA. In women's football we've got the examples of Burkina Faso (10-0 vs Niger, 2007) and Cuba (21-0 vs British Virgin Islands, 2007).

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Apr 7 14 7:34 PM

Kaizeler wrote:
According to my notes that has also occured with Guatemala (10-1 vs Honduras, 1921) and potentially Denmark (17-1 vs France CFI, 1908 OG) if we disregard their earlier 9-0 win over France USFSA.
Both French teams were from USFSA (as well as a third team which withdrew).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help