Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Apr 19 14 4:33 PM

Fue el 31 de marzo de 1930, y El Salvador, que cayó 5-2, saltó a la cancha con Guillermo Vides en la portería;
Nino Bengoa* y Ricardo Paredes en la zaga;
Manuel González, Felipe Angulo y Carbilio Tomasino en la media;
para atacar con Rafael Carías, Mario Calvo, Gustavo “Taviche” Marroquín*, Salvador Herrera y Mario Tirello.
GOLES: Gustavo Marroquin. Mario Calvo.

* Matching players.. Possibly the Cuban paper gave the "wrong" surnames..

www.soccer-db.info - football internationals

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 [url]

Dec 13 15 5:42 AM

Cuba played Haiti away three times in 1948. The second game June 3rd (?) ended 3-2 to Haiti. The last game June 4th (?) ended with Haiti winning 2-0. Could not locate the first result. The Cubans are reported to have traveled to Jamaica afterwards.
Were those "A" matches? I don't recall seeing them anywere before.

PS. Apparently the first match was scheduled for May 23rd but postponed due to bad weather.

Last Edited By: SDb Dec 13 15 5:56 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#25 [url]

Dec 13 15 3:54 PM

Yes I had those Jamaica games.
It seems the Cuban side was a combined CD España/Deportivo Hispano América team. If I understand correctly they were enforced with other players from Havana Football Federation.
Squad is also given: http://dloc.com/UF00001565/14095/22x
This makes the Jamaica games not valid "A" matches as the same squad went there.

Last Edited By: SDb Dec 13 15 4:08 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Dec 14 15 9:44 AM

SDb wrote:
Cuba played Haiti away three times in 1948. The second game June 3rd (?) ended 3-2 to Haiti. The last game June 4th (?) ended with Haiti winning 2-0. Could not locate the first result. The Cubans are reported to have traveled to Jamaica afterwards.
Were those "A" matches? I don't recall seeing them anywere before.

PS. Apparently the first match was scheduled for May 23rd but postponed due to bad weather.

If my Spanish doesn't betray me, the game planned for May 23, 1948 was not against the Haitian National team, but against Club Bacardi from Port-au-Prince.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help