TheRoonBa

Site Admin

Lead

Sep 28 10 2:56 PM

Tags : :

Moved from match additions sub-forum
Discussion of Chile 10-1 Tahiti on 14th February 1973

nfm24 writes:

I haven't yet found any more games of Tahiti....
The Chile team doesn't seem very strong, but it is difficult to tell for South American teams between World Cups - they always tried new players, and played few full internationals. Chile changed coaches in early March 1973.

Chile also planned a tour to Central America in March which was to include games in Nicaragua, Honduras, Haiti, Guatemala, and Mexico. I presume this was cancelled after the change of coach. They did visit Haiti and Mexico in April.

Many sources list a match 21/4/73 Mexico 1-1 Chile, but I found no evidence of this in "El Informador", or any other newspaper yet. The closest game I found was 19/4/73 San Luis de Potosi 1-1 Chile. But this certainly can't be a full international. Indeed Pedro Araya (Chilean) played for San Luis in the 1st half, for Chile in the 2nd half.

[Can I humbly suggest moving this Chile - Tahiti discussion to its own thread]
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 10 10 1:47 AM

Hi!

My friend Gonzalo tell me that Tahiti played with others local teams in Chile, and in its delegation was added a "artistic show" from the island that made a tour for the country.

Deportes La Serena, in years ago traveled to Tahiti and they made the contact with the island team.

Some players that played for Tahiti was in the OFC Nations Cup days after...

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Oct 11 10 11:17 AM

Hi Jorge,

Does Gonzalo have any of the other results of Tahiti in Chile? Did Tahiti visit any other South American country at that time? What were the results of La Serena?

Thanks

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help