Remove this ad

#81 [url]

Nov 18 13 6:24 PM

the results are in the Curaçao book; I can send them if you want (mail)...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#83 [url]

Nov 18 13 7:09 PM

I have the same book - it has quite a lot of typos, and omissions. Sensini has a good list of these results also where he checked most of them vs newspapers.

Quote    Reply   

#84 [url]

Nov 19 13 6:56 PM

SEStubbs wrote:
Oops meant to put Suriname 3-1 Curaçao.

Bonaire might host Curaçao in February in a friendly (Bonaire's first home game?).
The Netherlands National Amateur Team toured the Antilles twice (January 1987 and 1991) and on both occasions visited Bonaire:

14 January 1987 Kralendijk: Bonaire - Netherlands (amateur) 1-4 (Amigoe, 15 January 1987)
16 January 1991 Kralendijk: Bonaire - Netherlands (amateur) 2-5 (Amigoe, 18 January 1991)

15 January 1984 Bonaire played against a Venezuelan amateur selection (the national amateur team?) in Caracas, losing 5-1 (Historia di futbòl di Kòrsou, p. 299).
In Amigoe 11 January 1984 there's something about this match I think, but my Papiamento is not that good :( .

I'm still trying to collect the data for the interinsular matches between Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao.
The Bonaire matches from the Curaçao book were already posted by Pieter in this thread. On one side that list is not complete, and on the other hand also includes matches of youth teams (altough not indicated as such).

28 February 2010 Bonaire lost 4-0 to Curaçao in Willemstad (two red cards for Curaçao and one for Bonaire). (Antilliaans Dagblad, 1 March 2010).

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#88 [url]

Nov 20 13 7:54 AM

Regarding 2010 Curaçao-Bonaire:
I remember there was something that mentioned it was a match to select the Netherlands Antilles squad for the Central American & Caribbean Games - but they seem to have used some players who were over 23.  The 2010 CAC Games were eventually cancelled.

18/02/2010
Curaçao 4-0 Bonaire [HT 2-0]
[Riangelo Rodriguez 11' (pen), Heinrich Jansen 19' (pen), Sorenly Tomsjansen ?', Mirco Colina Jr. ?']

Curaçao: Marcelo Pisas, Rishinel Doran, Eugene Martha, Sorenly Tomsjansen, Hujoybert Delando, Riangelo Rodriguez, Rodney Ogenia, Charles Martina, Heinrich Jansen, Tyron Maria, Lisandro Trinidad.
Reserves: Raymar Rievierre, Jervin Mook, Vernold Mercelina, Randolf Elizabeth, Everon Espacia, Joel Victoria, Mirco Colina Jr.
Coach: Marcelo Marceli; Assistant: Gensley Gijsbertha.

Bonaire: Frans Richison, Danielo Trenidad, Cicilia Genaro, Edelbert Winklaar, Xedro Wever, Rilove janga, Berjantico Emerenciana, Leonard Coffie, Lacy Pauletta, Verney Agostien, Suehendley Barzey.
Reserves: Desmond Trinidad, Eldrith Alberto, Joelsten Koeks, Jurgen Royer, Rolando Janzen, Jursen Albertus.
Coach: Albert St. Jago; Assistant: Fortunato Paz.

Quote    Reply   

#89 [url]

Nov 20 13 10:05 AM

Sensini wrote:
15 January 1984 Bonaire played against a Venezuelan amateur selection (the national amateur team?) in Caracas, losing 5-1 (Historia di futbòl di Kòrsou, p. 299).
In Amigoe 11 January 1984 there's something about this match I think, but my Papiamento is not that good :( .

The only things I can translate (not sure though):

selekshon nashonal di Venezuela: National Team of Venezuela
diadomingo den estadio nashonal e Caracas na Venezuela: on Sunday at the National Stadium of Caracas in Venezuela
nan kampo di entrenamento na Hunduras: in a training field in Honduras
e selekshonadonan di Bonaire bou di direkshon di Sam Deira y Vicente Wanga ta biaha pa Benezuela: The team of Bonaire under the direction of Sam Deira and Vicente Wanga for the away game in Venezuela.

Quote    Reply   

#90 [url]

Nov 20 13 10:27 AM

nfm24 wrote:
I have the same book - it has quite a lot of typos, and omissions. Sensini has a good list of these results also where he checked most of them vs newspapers.
I'd be very interested to know this list, checked vs newspapers (which is the best way)..
Grateful for your kind reply.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#91 [url]

Oct 18 14 7:34 PM

This years edition of the ABCS Tournament will be played 28 and 30 November 2014. Originally it was planned for 7 and 9 November (although I haven't seen announced those dates), but because Curaçao (unexpectedly?) reached the final tournament of the Caribbean Cup (held 10 till 17 November) it is postponed. It will be played in the André Kamperveen Stadium in Paramaribo, Suriname. (Source: De Ware Tijd, 18 October 2014 via http://www.natiosuriname.com/.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#93 [url]

Oct 19 14 2:36 AM

I would like to see Suriname, Sint Maarten, Sint Eustatius and Saba play-off to be the "S" team in the STEAM play-off (though this might just be a lot of hot air).

Chances of that happening are similar to the chances of American Samoa beating Argentina 65-9.

Last Edited By: TheRoonBa Oct 19 14 2:39 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#97 [url]

Nov 13 14 1:49 PM

I think they should have an SSS tournament in its place (Saba, Sint Eustatius, Sint Maarten). The Netherlands could be invited as guests. Given their current form, they might just manage to finish 3rd.

Quote    Reply   

#98 [url]

Nov 13 14 2:11 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
I think they should have an SSS tournament in its place (Saba, Sint Eustatius, Sint Maarten). The Netherlands could be invited as guests. Given their current form, they might just manage to finish 3rd.

optimist

Quote    Reply   

#99 [url]

Jan 9 15 2:42 PM

The tournament will now be played 30 January/1 February 2015 in Paramaribo, André Kamperveen Stadium:

Friday, 30 january 2015:
 Curaçao vs. Aruba (19h00 local time, GMT-4) [A]
 Suriname vs. Bonaire (21h00) [B]

Sunday, 1 february 2015:
 Loser A vs. Loser B (16h00)
 Winner A vs. Winner B (18h00)

Source: http://www.natiosuriname.com/2015/01/abcs-toernooi-niet-geboycot-door-lokale.html

Last Edited By: Sensini Jan 9 15 3:17 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#100 [url]

Jan 10 15 12:29 PM

Curaçao champion Centro Barber, strengthened with some players from other clubs, will play as Curaçao.  Because it's not a FIFA matchday, players active in the Netherlands are not available and time is too short to compose a local based team. At the moment the Curaçao NT doesn't have a coach, although the FFK (Curaçao FA) is interested in  Patrick Kluivert (former Dutch NT player) as a candidate.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help