Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Jul 8 11 9:42 AM

Any way, an understrength Costa Rica team can beat Bolivia and loses narrowly to Colombia: it proves CONCACAF teams could have their place in a real Copa America with 16 teams..... but will I live long enough to see this ever happen?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Jul 8 11 1:43 PM

pieter wrote:
Any way, an understrength Costa Rica team can beat Bolivia and loses narrowly to Colombia: it proves CONCACAF teams could have their place in a real Copa America with 16 teams..... but will I live long enough to see this ever happen?

Maybe in 2015 there will be a "Copa Americas" with the ten south american teams and six Concacaf-members.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/586/copa-america/2010/10/06/2153371/concacaf-request-entry-into-the-copa-america-report

As this article is a bit "old" (october 2010), this idea was probably rejected.
I hope it wasn't. I would like to see this format a lot.

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Jul 9 11 9:23 AM

trekky76 wrote:
Seems Mexican FA is counting their matches as "A" after all. Any idea what Costa Rican FA thinks?

Does anybody know the mail address of the Costa Rica Football Federation? I'm going to contact them about this matter...

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#44 [url]

Jul 10 11 12:15 AM

trekky76 wrote:
Seems Mexican FA is counting their matches as "A" after all. Any idea what Costa Rican FA thinks?

If they count their Copa América matches, then why don't they count the official preparatory friendly matches played against full international teams before the tournament? Totally inconsistent. It's the same team.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#45 [url]

Jul 10 11 7:56 AM

mcruic wrote:
If they count their Copa América matches, then why don't they count the official preparatory friendly matches played against full international teams before the tournament? Totally inconsistent. It's the same team.

There is even an inconsistency within the inconsistency as you can see on their website. The prerparation match played on 11 June against Venezuela is counted official A-international by Mexican FA, the other 3 are not. This cannot be because of poor performing: 0-0 against Colombia, 1-0 win over Ecuador and 1-0 win over Bolivia. They notably count the only preparation match they lost (0-3 against Venezuela).

http://www.femexfut.org.mx/portalv2/secciones.aspx?s=999&ep=171

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Jul 10 11 8:48 AM

Surprise: venezuela leader of their group....
lucky: Brasil last minute equaliser against a better Paraguay.... They will have to beat Ecuador and I saw them play twice, they could be eliminated at the first round!

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#47 [url]

Jul 18 11 12:19 AM

Nice surprise - no Argentina or Brazil in the semi-finals, and Venezuela in the semi-finals for the first time.

Peru v Uruguay
Paraguay v Venezuela

Uruguay and Paraguay should be favourites to play in the final, but all 4 teams have a very good chance.

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Jul 25 11 9:40 AM

Uruguay is really prodigious. This country has more or less 3,500,000 inhabitants, but “La Celeste” has won 2 World Cups, 2 Olympic Games, 15 Copas America and also another prestigious competition: the Gold Cup 1981. If Uruguay had a population of 30,000,000, “La Celeste” wouldn't be second to none.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help