Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 30 10 9:36 AM

Tags : :

It once again is time for me to contact every island in the Pacific to ask about their football activity and sometimes I even get a reply ;)

Like this very good one from Niue.

Fakalofa atu Nico,
Thank you for your interest in Niue's Soccer.
We are currently in the final stage of trying to be a member of Oceania Soccer affiliation member.,with the cordination of Mr.Tai Williams.
Soccer use to be one of our main sports in Niue then it phased off for a while,but this year we restarted Soccer with turn out of teams with excellent results.
Yes ,by all means it will be great if you could also assist us in the development of soccer in Niue.
We have established a Niue Fottball Assoctaion executive committee with the Hon.Fisa Pihigia being the elected President.
I will foward your email to soccers elected SG Mr.Alan Tano Puleosi.
Keep in Touch.
We are not sure about the Pacific Games next year.
Kind Regards,
Des Hipa.
President of NISANOC.

It seems like football in the Pacific is finally going. Good that Australia and New Zealand are quite successful in the World Cup. That seems to motivate other FAs in the region.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Dec 30 10 9:06 PM

Re: Niue

nico1 wrote:
It once again is time for me to contact every island in the Pacific to ask about their football activity and sometimes I even get a reply ;)

Like this very good one from Niue.

Fakalofa atu Nico,
Thank you for your interest in Niue's Soccer.
We are currently in the final stage of trying to be a member of Oceania Soccer affiliation member.,with the cordination of Mr.Tai Williams.
Soccer use to be one of our main sports in Niue then it phased off for a while,but this year we restarted Soccer with turn out of teams with excellent results.
Yes ,by all means it will be great if you could also assist us in the development of soccer in Niue.
We have established a Niue Fottball Assoctaion executive committee with the Hon.Fisa Pihigia being the elected President.
I will foward your email to soccers elected SG Mr.Alan Tano Puleosi.
Keep in Touch.
We are not sure about the Pacific Games next year.
Kind Regards,
Des Hipa.
President of NISANOC.

It seems like football in the Pacific is finally going. Good that Australia and New Zealand are quite successful in the World Cup. That seems to motivate other FAs in the region.

Nico,

Could you please let me know the e-mail address so that I can contact them as well as I will be carrying out my annual information gathering very soon.

Have you sent/posted a copy of this reply on www.fedefutbol.net

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#2 [url]

Dec 31 10 12:40 AM

I think the problem when you contact these small FAs is they think that you can help them. I contacted the Niue FA about 3 or 4 years ago (and got a very similar reply to this one) and they were asking how I could help them become a member of OFC, but of course, as an individual, I could do nothing to help them.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 31 10 12:46 PM

Moses you got a PM.

On topic again.

I just read an enzyklopedia about football which includes all FAs of FIFA and many non-FIFA. You can compare the status of the football in the pacific with the status FAs like US Virgin islands had 30 years ago and nowdays I wouldn´t consider them footballing nations. But I guess Niue has quite a huge following on the island (considering the number of inhabitants and the number one sport Rugby).

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#5 [url]

Jan 13 11 2:49 AM

Re: Niue

nico1 wrote:

We are currently in the final stage of trying to be a member of Oceania Soccer affiliation member.

What does that mean? They cannot be in the final stages of becoming an OFC member. OFC only admits members as full members AFTER they have become FIFA members.

They are at present an associate member. They must apply to FIFA for FIFA membership, and then FIFA will decide whether they can become an OFC provisional member. The OFC will then act on this decision. After 2 years as a provisional member of OFC, they will then be eligible for FIFA membership. After FIFA membership is gained, they will then be eligible for full OFC membership. There is no other way for them to become an OFC member under the current OFC and FIFA statutes.

The problem is lack of communication/understanding. They need to understand the process, or they will never be able to join anything.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 13 11 7:46 PM

There isn´t organised football on the island and they just trying to revive it. I suppose the current status of Niue in OFC is similar to that one the CNMI. They once were associated members but were not active for years or even decades.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Sep 7 11 2:35 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niue_Soccer_Tournament

What's this about? I never knew Niue had a football setup, and i've never come across it on RSSSF before!

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#8 [url]

Sep 10 11 2:06 AM

Yes, without a football setup, I guess they would not be able to form a national team or be OFC associate members.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#9 [url]

Sep 10 11 12:41 PM

So there must be a chance Niue will return to the international fold at somepoint. Does anybody know if Palau were successful in the attempts to join EAFF?

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Sep 28 12 7:46 PM

Vaeia Sting is the champion of the Niue championship called "Socer Nock Out Tornament 2012". First known champions since years.

Source: Facebook account of Federaciones Independientes.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#11 [url]

Aug 12 15 8:16 PM

Nice photos of the squad from the only ever international appearance of the Niue national team (I think some of these photos are obviously recent and not from 1983!).

556ce908d40d2977e9b39b6ff4a0c4b6.jpg

Last Edited By: TheRoonBa Aug 14 15 2:21 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Aug 14 15 9:12 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
(I think some of these photos are obviously recent and not from 1983!).
I was about to say, the first guy (want to remember his name but picture isn't working for me right now) has an inspired appearance, Paul Breitner was still active in '83 right?

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#13 [url]

Aug 15 15 8:58 AM

The first payer is Lefulefu Hipa. He reminds me of one of those people on a trip to the seaside who puts his head through a hole in a billboard of some animal (in this case a lion) for a cheesy holiday snap. Though perhaps this is being uncharitable. He also reminds me a bit of a Polynesian Dave Lee Travis, while Bradley Punu next to him looks surprisingly like Tony Blair. Brandy Falepeau (with the large 'Afro' style hair) is the only one whose photograph is not in full colour, and I can't help thinking there is a moa off camera.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help