Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 21 11 7:33 PM

Tags : :

I was looking in the Outcasts book and couldn't believe that Monaco have to play their games just outside of their territory, but it got me wondering where their FA is actually located if that is the case? Are they still allowed to operate inside Monaco?

It's a disgrace that this has been allowed to happen due to a club team's wishes, the AS Monaco in Europe issue is a non-starter, and I hope the national team find a way around it soon.

Football Revolution...

http://footy-fever.com/blog/

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jul 21 11 9:46 PM

Actually they play their home games on the pitch ride beside the Stade Louis II which doubles also as training pitch for AS Monaco and a French club side. But the stadium marks the border of Monaco and France so they technically play in France. The final of the Monegasque league is played in the Stade Louis II.

As far as I know Prince Albert is a supporter of the FA but they are still in negotiations with the French FA about how a FIFA membership would affect AS Monaco. But since ASM is relegated to Ligue 2 I don´t think they won´t threaten the French CL or Euro League places the next years.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jul 22 11 5:27 PM

Monaco have played matches at Cap D'Ail, 150 (?) metres outside the border in France. I know the match against Kosovo in 2006 was held there. I was going to ask this anyway so as someone has started a thread on Monaco i'll put it here. In Steve Menary's Outcasts book he mentions Monaco 13-1 Chechnya on February 18th 2006 in the results section. Did and if so where did this match take place? Mark or Pieter, have either of you got any information?

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jul 22 11 7:50 PM

Pieter - thank you. Do you know the scorers? This Chechnya team seem to get thumped, losing by that score to Monaco is quite something. Is is Chechens is France? I would suspect even that team would not lose by such a score.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jul 22 11 8:37 PM

On the website of the Monaco FA there are no details or scorers; the Chechnya team is a NF Board member, refugees and they have their "official adress" in France....

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jul 23 11 8:58 AM

Again, thank you. I presume it is a refugee team from Nice - which explains the heavy defeats. A bit odd that they play under the name of Chechnya though. I am trying to put together all the results, scorers, crowds, venues etc of matches played by NF-Board members, just for interest. Thanks for your help.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Mar 27 12 3:45 PM

The way AS Monaco are going at the moment (16th in Ligue 2), the national team might be able to argue that the club side no longer has as much of an influence...

Football Revolution...

http://footy-fever.com/blog/

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#10 [url]

Mar 27 12 3:55 PM

I think even if they were playing in the 4th division in France, this would be a higher level than the Monaco national team.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Mar 27 12 4:27 PM

It actually says in the article that the Monaco league sits at level 9 and 11 of the French pyramid. This would be the same as the Combined Counties League in England. Low level and regional, but still senior. However I think the English pyramid is stronger further down that other European nations, so I think the Monaco standard would be quite low.

Anyway AS Monaco have been recently taken over by a wealthy and ambitious Russian, so I imagine they will be fine. What was the whole Monaco leaving the NFB about? They're playing this summer? Seem to have gone a bit inactive the last few years, although they played Vatican City in 2011, the dream game. I think Monaco would lose by 2 or 3 goals to San Marino.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Mar 27 12 5:14 PM

Monaco had to leave the NF Board for political reasons. Think it was Padanias participation in the organisation which meant that Monaco had to leave.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Sep 29 12 9:18 PM

Monaco plays a friendly match against Raetia 06.10.2012.

Notre saison est lancée. Le premier match à domicile est programmé le 6 octobre 2012 à 17h45 au stade du Moneghetti contre le FA Raetia, une équipe qui a participé à la dernière Viva World Cup au Kurdistan-Irakien.

http://www.monacofootballassociation.com/wordpress/

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#16 [url]

Oct 1 12 10:38 PM

darko wrote:
Monaco plays a friendly match against Raetia 06.10.2012.

Notre saison est lancée. Le premier match à domicile est programmé le 6 octobre 2012 à 17h45 au stade du Moneghetti contre le FA Raetia, une équipe qui a participé à la dernière Viva World Cup au Kurdistan-Irakien.

http://www.monacofootballassociation.com/wordpress/

This stadium is just outside Monaco, in Beausoleil in France.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Oct 3 12 2:15 PM

The game on Saturday will be streamed live on www.20min.ch thanks to the Raetian FA.

Kick-off is 17:45 local time.

I think this is Raetia's strongest ever side. Their strike force includes players at FC Balzers and FC Chur 97.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#18 [url]

Oct 3 12 11:54 PM

SE-Stubbs wrote:
The game on Friday will be streamed live on www.20min.ch thanks to the Raetian FA.

Kick-off is 17:45 local time.

I think this is Raetia's strongest ever side. Their strike force includes players at FC Balzers and FC Chur 97.

Do they feel Raetian? That is the question.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Oct 4 12 7:42 AM

I don't really know. I think you have to come from the region and be prepared to pay a bit of money, and that's it.

They're a classic N.F.-Board side but to be honest it seems well run, they're bringing sides like Chagos and Monaco out to play and boosted the numbers at the 2012 VIVA World Cup so I don't think they're doing much harm.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help