Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 29 11 6:18 AM

Tags : :

"The rosters of each team will be composed of footballers playing in either the Argentine or Brazilian league"

restriction of this tournament ?

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/results/

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 29 11 3:49 PM

I think both associations are counting these as official full internationals, despite the restrictions.

Perhaps if the restrictions are self-imposed then this could be acceptable. But it's a grey area - they are prevented from calling up Europe-based players by the FIFA calendar rules.

The Brazilian team is less affected than Argentina - the forward lineup was the same in the match vs Ghana.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 15 12 7:33 PM

I contacted FIFA some months ago about this tournament, and they told me that those matches were full "A", because they were valid for the "FIFA World Ranking" and because the Brazilian and the Argentinean FAs requested that FIFA put those two games in the international calendar.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 17 12 10:10 AM

nfm24 wrote:
And why does FIFA have to do what they want?

Perhaps the explication is that Superclásico de las Américas isn't a friendly tournament, but an official competition organized by Conmebol.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#7 [url]

Apr 6 12 4:15 AM

Luca wrote:
I've read somewhere that the second edition of Superclásico de las Américas will be held next autumn.

The fixtures are on the site.

19.09 Brazil v Argentina
03.10 Argentina v Brazil

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Oct 4 12 6:37 PM

Argentina and Brazil should have played for the second leg of this tournament, but the match was cancelled because the electric system of the stadium broke down...

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Oct 6 12 11:41 AM

Luca wrote:
Argentina and Brazil should have played for the second leg of this tournament, but the match was cancelled because the electric system of the stadium broke down...

no re-schedule ??

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/results/

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#11 [url]

Oct 6 12 4:58 PM

Tanaka wrote:
Luca wrote:

no re-schedule ??

Will be rescheduled:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1179998/bad-lighting-forces-postponement-of-superclasico?cc=5739

"25,000 fans packed the Estadio Centenario ahead of kick-off and with players required back at their clubs for this weekend's fixtures, the match will not be rescheduled until at least next week."

http://www.lanacion.com.py/articulo/93457-superclasico-argentina-y-brasil-acordaron-disputar-la-revancha-.html

"La nueva fecha del encuentro será convenida por la AFA y la CBF y anunciada próximamente."

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#14 [url]

Oct 17 12 3:43 PM

Luca wrote:
The second leg of the 2012 Superclásico de las Américas will be held at La Bombonera next November 21.
Floodlights permitting...

Do you mean THIS November (i.e. 2012) or NEXT November (2013)?

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Oct 17 12 6:08 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
Luca wrote:
The second leg of the 2012 Superclásico de las Américas will be held at La Bombonera next November 21.

Yes, of course THIS November. My English is getting worse and worse... image

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#16 [url]

Oct 18 12 2:32 PM

Luca wrote:
TheRoonBa wrote:
Luca wrote:

Yes, of course THIS November. My English is getting worse and worse... image

I don't blame you. It's a horrible language! Just a collection of words from other languages all put together with no regard for ease of use.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Sep 27 13 7:06 PM

It becomes particularly irrelevant if Argentina fields only home based players, which is something like a C or D team.
It would be better as every two years but on a proper FIFA date so that the best players can make it.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#20 [url]

Sep 28 13 10:44 PM

A big round boo for the 'superclasico' and all other such crap matches/tournaments. Boo!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help