India 1-1 Afghanistan
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#3 [url]

Dec 4 11 7:48 PM

SE-Stubbs wrote:
Nepal won in the final minute against Bangladesh today, is that an upset?

Not a huge upset. I don't think it will make the headlines.

But historically speaking, it's a mild surprise.

Pakistan drawing with Maldives was also a minor surprise. I'd have expected Maldives to win.

Bangladesh now have to beat Maldives in their final match, or they will be eliminated. Nepal need a draw against Pakistan to make the semi-finals, while Pakistan will probably need to beat Nepal to reach the next stage. Maldives will definitely qualify for the semi-finals with a win over Bangladesh.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#7 [url]

Dec 6 11 4:21 AM

India and Afghanistan favourites to go through now, but India would actually go out of the tournament if they lose to Sri Lanka and Afghanistan get even a point against Bhutan.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Dec 6 11 1:36 PM

I think Maldives are 2-1 up at the moment, should it stay that way they will qualify in second place behind Nepal. I'm pleased to see Nepal top the group, and should India win group A I think both semi-finals would be interesting. I'd love the Asian Cup to split it's qualification rounds into the seperate regional zones (EAFF, SAFF etc), with a certain amount qualifying from each one!

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#9 [url]

Dec 7 11 7:42 AM

Maldives win the group on goal difference with their 3-1 win over Bangladesh. If it had stayed 2-1, they would have been equal on points and goal difference with Nepal.

So, it looks like India v Nepal and Maldives v Afghanistan in the semi-finals, unless India fail to beat Sri Lanka today or Afghanistan score 4 or 5 against Bhutan. I predict India to win by 2, and Afghanistan to win by 3.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#10 [url]

Dec 7 11 7:48 AM

SE-Stubbs wrote:
I'd love the Asian Cup to split it's qualification rounds into the seperate regional zones (EAFF, SAFF etc), with a certain amount qualifying from each one!

Not sure that's a good idea. It might create more interest in the poorer regions (SAFF, AFF), but the Asian Cup should be the best 16 teams in Asia. If all these teams are from West Asia and East Asia, then the other regions will just have to get better if they want to qualify. I don't agree that the AFC Challenge Cup should be used for qualification either, as we see that teams like India qualify by playing poor teams, and teams who went through the regular qualifiation miss out. And India did not bring anything to the last Asian Cup, losing all their matches badly.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Dec 7 11 12:12 PM

mcruic wrote:
SE-Stubbs wrote:
I'd love the Asian Cup to split it's qualification rounds into the seperate regional zones (EAFF, SAFF etc), with a certain amount qualifying from each one!

Not sure that's a good idea. It might create more interest in the poorer regions (SAFF, AFF), but the Asian Cup should be the best 16 teams in Asia. If all these teams are from West Asia and East Asia, then the other regions will just have to get better if they want to qualify. I don't agree that the AFC Challenge Cup should be used for qualification either, as we see that teams like India qualify by playing poor teams, and teams who went through the regular qualifiation miss out. And India did not bring anything to the last Asian Cup, losing all their matches badly.

It was only a hypothetical thought, and I agree with what you say fully. I reckon every member of WAFF would beat SAFF's strongest, I just like to imagine various formats for qualification for confederational tournaments. The AFC Challenge Cup is an interesting one. I don't quite understand how North Korea, Turkmenistan etc (some sides who have qualified for the Asian Cup via the normal route before) can be considered a similar standard to Guam, Timor-Leste etc. Surely an 8 team tournament between the 8 weakest associations, or something like that, would be a better way of improving the smaller nations. And if it is a tournament for the 'emerging' (weakest) sides then no finals place should be on offer. Does the 2012 Challenge Cup winner gain a place at the 2015 finals?

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#13 [url]

Dec 8 11 4:18 AM

I believe the 2012 and 2014 AFC Challenge Cup winners will get a place at the 2015 finals (just as the 2008 and 2010 winners got places at the 2011 finals).

Unless AFC have changed their rules... Not sure what happens if the same team wins both Challenge Cups. Maybe a play-off between both runners-up?

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jan 11 12 1:10 PM

can you find full squads?

football of the others!!!!
http://footballminor.blogspot.com

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help