Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Jun 11 07 5:44 PM

They are on Al Jazeera Sport on satellite....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#24 [url]

Jun 13 07 3:25 PM

You can watch match highlights on Youtube as CONCACAF are posting up videos. Just to say USA beat El Salvador 4,0 and T&T drew 1,1 in the other game on.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Jun 14 07 9:40 AM

Guadeloupe in 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup?

Maybe Guadeloupe would have the right to represent Concacaf at the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup, if they win 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup. At least Fifa mentions Guadeloupe positively in their section about the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup. See: http://www.fifa.com/confederationcup/news/newsid=535207.html#little+guadeloupe+knifes+edge

On Wikipedia (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_CONCACAF_Gold_Cup and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_FIFA_Confederations_Cup there are footnotes "^ Guadeloupe is not a member of FIFA, but instead a dependency of France. Should they prevail, the tournament's runner-up will take their place. " But there is no source given on Wikipedia.

I believe it is a very interesting aspect! Who decided this and when? Was it Concacaf or Fifa? Is it even true - or could Guadeloupe, not being Fifa-member, go to [[2009 FIFA Confederations Cup]], if they would win the Gold-Cup?

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Jun 14 07 1:37 PM

It is difficult to answer but I think FIFA would not allow them to participate.
But it is for the moment a pure theoretical question... The same as Tuvalu qualifiyng for the second round of OFC WC preliminaries... I only hope Guadeloupe can get a good result against Honduras, they are for the moment the only Caribbean team left. Impressing as we see Haiti (the strongest for the moment) and Cuba and Trinidad being eliminated without one win...

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Jun 15 07 6:55 PM

Re: Guadeloupe in 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup?

Stevan wrote:
Maybe Guadeloupe would have the right to represent Concacaf at the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup, if they win 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup. At least Fifa mentions Guadeloupe positively in their section about the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup. See: http://www.fifa.com/confederationcup/news/newsid=535207.html#little+guadeloupe+knifes+edge

I believe it is a very interesting aspect! Who decided this and when? Was it Concacaf or Fifa? Is it even true - or could Guadeloupe, not being Fifa-member, go to [[2009 FIFA Confederations Cup]], if they would win the Gold-Cup?
Noting these this is exactly the same wording as a message that I replied to here, are you Rheinländer or are you just copying his message?

Anyway, as I've said there, FIFA would likely refuse them as they most likely only allow FIFA members to compete in FIFA tournaments.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Jun 17 07 10:18 PM

In time extra

México 1-0 Costa Rica

3 man of Costa Rica red card!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#33 [url]

Jun 19 07 4:40 PM

Two dream finals up for grabs Mexico vs USA or Canada vs Guadaloupe. I don't mind who play in the final but i would like Canada to get to the final since i am half Canadian.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#34 [url]

Jun 19 07 9:54 PM

Guadeloupe to win the tournament would be great - then we will see whether they will allow Guadeloupe to play in the Intercontinental Cup.

It's not so hard to imagine. Mexico lost to Honduras in the group stages, and then Guadeloupe beat Honduras.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Jun 20 07 3:14 PM

mcruic wrote:
Guadeloupe to win the tournament would be great - then we will see whether they will allow Guadeloupe to play in the Intercontinental Cup.

It's not so hard to imagine. Mexico lost to Honduras in the group stages, and then Guadeloupe beat Honduras.

Well, they clearly stand a chance. Pre-QF, I ranked Honduras a more likely winner than Mexico. Looking at Guadeloupe's squad you have to wonder how they could rank [123:98] respectively [Roon Ba:ELO]. As I've understand, most of their squad play regularly in Ligue 1 or 2 topped with former French international Angloma. They should certainly rank closer to 100; is it that they placed an ad looking for regional-born players pre-Gold Cup as teams like this usually do to boost their teams infront bigger tournaments?

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#36 [url]

Jun 22 07 6:15 AM

Yes, some of the players did not play for Guadeloupe previously (in the qualifying rounds). If you look at the Caribbean qualifying for the Gold Cup, Guadeloupe lost to the likes of Guyana (twice) and also struggled to beat Saint-Martin and Dominica (both 1-0) at home. I think that qualifying for the Gold Cup for the first time gave these new players a chance to make a name for themselves on the big stage.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Jun 26 07 5:57 PM

I suppose no third place match was played. The final was a good game with a strong USA team in the second half. So most of the public was disappointed , because the USA are not and will not be in the near future a real soccer nation. I wonder if both teams will be able to perform well at the America Cup with only a few days between. No good timing, I think..

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help