Remove this ad

#61 [url]

Mar 31 15 9:45 AM

French Guyana had to release several players upon request from their clubs. They are not FIFA members so cannot rely on FIFA matchdays regulations.

www.soccer-db.info - football internationals

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#63 [url]

Jul 16 15 7:17 AM

all four caribbean teams into the qf....one team will be semi-finalist: Jamaica or Haïti

not bad with Jamaica and Trinidad winning their groups...hope to see more surprises

Quote    Reply   

#65 [url]

Jul 16 15 4:12 PM

Sometimes British humour is somehow maliciously; then it is at its best.
All four Caribbean participants in the quarterfinals is remarkable and a surprise. Cuba's performance, to advance a further round with a goal difference of 1-8, is probably unique. They did everything for a meeting with their friends from the USA.

Quote    Reply   

#67 [url]

Jul 20 15 8:45 AM

But also a poor campaing from Costa Rica. After the great World Cup, it was logical to expect a better tournament from them. They don't get along with the Gold Cup. In 12 appearances, their best result was just the 2002 silver medal. They were much more successful in the ancient Concacaf Championship: 3 wins in 6 appearances.

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

Jul 20 15 8:31 PM

Tournament abandoned after FIFA suspends itself due to US government interference.
French Guiana proclaimed champion as highest ranked non-member.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#71 [url]

Jul 21 15 9:12 AM

French Guiana then suspended due to "having too much coastline". Switzerland proclaimed first-ever non-playing guest champions.

In all seriousness, I am quite enjoying the modern rise to prominence of Panama.  I remember not so long ago they were very much the 5th Central American team, better than Nicaragua and Belize, but not usually good enough even to qualify for the Gold Cup.  Since 2005, their record has been very good - and the USA seem to knock them out every time, with a one-goal victory or on penalties after a draw.  In order for this to happen in 2015 for the sixth time running, Panama must beat Mexico and lose to USA in the final.

2005 - reached final, lost to USA on penalties after 0-0 draw
2007 - reached quarter-final, lost 2-1 to USA
2009 - reached quarter-final, lost 2-1 to USA, after extra time
2011 - reached semi-final, lost 1-0 to USA
2013 - reached final, lost 1-0 to USA

Panama's only other appearance at the Gold Cup was in 1993, where they failed to get beyond the group stage, which included a 2-1 defeat to USA.

Last Edited By: TheRoonBa Jul 21 15 9:24 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#72 [url]

Jul 21 15 9:56 AM

they can play 1-1 against Mexico and USA, win against Mexico with penaltys and lose against USA....

but I still hope the final will be Jamaica-Panama.....

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#73 [url]

Jul 22 15 11:46 AM

I would like to see Panama in the Confederations Cup. They are the least internationally experienced of the 4 teams left. They don't play teams outside of the Americas very often.

Quote    Reply   

#75 [url]

Jul 23 15 6:07 AM

it was not in overtime but it really was a bullshit penalty: the player falls and his arm touches (?) the ball ....what kind of referees are this?

anyway Panama-Mexico 1-1 after 90 minutes

Quote    Reply   

#77 [url]

Jul 23 15 9:03 AM

Sensini wrote:
I guess https://twitter.com/Josesomor26 will stop his daily tweet "[x] días, @KNVB @FIFAcom @miseleccionmx no era penal." now...(http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/10444/Offside/article/detail/4092074/2015/07/01/Mexicaan-twittert-al-jaar-over-onterechte-penalty-Robben.dhtml)
smiley: rollIf there had been Twitter in 1966, I'm sure a lot of German users would have done the same: "[x] tage, @FA @FIFAcom Ball nicht geben!"
Is it correct at least "ball nicht geben"? I don't know German Tongue

Quote    Reply   

#78 [url]

Jul 23 15 9:14 AM

I've not seen the two most recent claims yet, but just looking at the results list it looks suspicious... all Mexico goals in the Knockout Round are "Guardado (_+_'p)"...

Anyway, congratulations to Jamaica, that seems to have been overlooked a little, USA now play Panama in the revived 3rd-Place Play-Off, they have to win to avoid their worst placing in this tournament since 2000, otherwise it's just their worst placing since 2003. Mexico v Jamaica Final on Sunday.

Those Semi-Final eliminations also confirm a set of Play-Off matches for the near future: USA will play Mexico/Jamaica over 2 legs to decide North America's champion for the 2017 Confederations Cup, and Panama failing to win the tournament means there'll be 2 Play-Offs at some point for remaining places at the 2016 Copa America Centenario, winners of Panama v Cuba and Trinidad and Tobago v Haiti, presumably over 2 legs.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#79 [url]

Jul 23 15 12:15 PM

Panama at least get the chance to be beaten in the 6th consecutive competition by USA, by 1 goal or less. Highly possible that USA will win 1-0 or 2-1 in the 3rd place match.

Quote    Reply   

#80 [url]

Jul 23 15 4:34 PM

Really want to see Jamaica win, just to further exacerbate tensions related to the "CONCACAF is just Mexico and USA" theme.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help