Remove this ad

#81 [url]

Jul 23 15 4:41 PM

but can they win against the referee? I hope so, because being the better team seems not enough if you have to play Mexico

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#88 [url]

Jul 26 15 6:06 PM

Where are the 'bean counters' among statisticians? In Panama's last six games (in a row) was the result after 90 minutes 1-1. That's remarkable. Even more astonishing: in all games Panama scored the first goal.
Six times 1-0; not a single winning on the pitch. And yet Rank 3 in the tournament ...
Is there any parallel in history?

Quote    Reply   

#89 [url]

Jul 26 15 6:34 PM

I think I mentioned the 6 times 1-1 before.....with the help of the referee in the semi-final....but if he was aware of this 1-1 series , he should not have given the second penalty and then the record was  perfect:)

Quote    Reply   

#90 [url]

Jul 26 15 8:08 PM

Yes I'd realised your forecasts. I agreed with them. For the purpose of betting counts the result after 90 minutes ... I assumed you will bet in accordance to your predictions and you will become a rich man.
So, I offered you my friendship …(sneaky as I am).
I understand that you do not want to share. But can you tell me at least: how do I contact Mark Geiger?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#91 [url]

Jul 27 15 9:08 AM

In 23 editions of the Concacaf Championship/Gold Cup, Haiti remains the only Caribbean country to have conquered the continental crown (in 1973). Haiti is also the only Caribbean representant to have won the ancient CCCF Championship (in 1957).

ctr wrote:
Where are the 'bean counters' among statisticians? In Panama's last six games (in a row) was the result after 90 minutes 1-1. That's remarkable. Even more astonishing: in all games Panama scored the first goal.
Six times 1-0; not a single winning on the pitch. And yet Rank 3 in the tournament ...
Is there any parallel in history?
2011 Copa América. Paraguay were runners-up with 5 draws, 1 loss and 0 wins!
Paradoxically, at the 1990 World Cup, out of 7 matches, Italy registered 6 wins, 1 draw and 0 losses. But, unfortunately, we got third... 

Quote    Reply   

#92 [url]

Jul 27 15 9:15 AM

Netherlands had another peculiar record. In the 1974-1994 years they always were eliminated by the eventual tournament winners both at World Cup and European Nations Cup tournaments, except in 1988 when the Dutch won the European Championships. This record was followed by elimination after penalty kicks in 1996, 1998 and 2000.

Quote    Reply   

#93 [url]

Jul 27 15 10:41 AM

Sensini wrote:
I guess https://twitter.com/Josesomor26 will stop his daily tweet "[x] días, @KNVB @FIFAcom @miseleccionmx no era penal." now...(http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/10444/Offside/article/detail/4092074/2015/07/01/Mexicaan-twittert-al-jaar-over-onterechte-penalty-Robben.dhtml)
Today the KNVB (Dutch FA) tweeted to him:
Yay

Quote    Reply   

#94 [url]

Jul 27 15 4:59 PM

Mexico would have lost to Costa Rica in the next round anyway, what is he complaining about. It's not as if Mexicans have never cheated. They were even banned from a whole tournament due to age cheating. Blame the referee if you want, or blame the coach: fielding Rafa Marquez as the last line of defence against fast players like Robben is tactical suicide. He isn't good enough at pure defending to justify that setup (unlike, say, Yepes who was old and slow, but quality).

Quote    Reply   

#98 [url]

Aug 26 15 9:35 AM

I propose a good solution to avoid polemics and suspects as happened this year, splitting CONCACAF into 2 Confederations as in the past: CCCF for the Central-American and Caribbean countries and NAFC. NAFC should be composed only of Mexico, USA, Canada and Greenland, so that the organizers can be safe to have a Mexico-USA final in every edition... smiley: wink

Quote    Reply   

#99 [url]

Aug 27 15 10:19 PM

Luca wrote:

NAFC should be composed only of Mexico, USA, Canada and Greenland, so that the organizers can be safe to have a Mexico-USA final in every edition... smiley: wink

Then Canada vs Greenland will be the 3rd place match.   Hmmm.

Canada are a bit crap at the moment, so I'll predict a draw.

Quote    Reply   

#100 [url]

Aug 29 15 8:54 AM

NAFC can even be fattened with two more official members: Bermuda and Saint Pierre and Miquelon.
For the NAFC Championship, two guests from CCCF can be invited in order to get eight participants (almost surely Anguilla and Turks and Caicos)...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help