Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 24 12 9:17 PM

Tags : :

Otman Bakkal has the shortest A-international career of all players who represented Netherlands. On 18-11-2009 he played six minutes against Paraguay. Is there any player with a shorter A-international career? http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otman_Bakkal
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Feb 26 12 9:10 AM

Thanks for noticing. Cannot believe this record will ever improved. Probably there will be a shorter substitution in an official A-international, but not by a player in his only appearance for his country. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franck_Jurietti

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 26 12 9:46 AM

Interesting topic. I add two other cases:

USA-Poland 1-1, played in Chicago on 11-07-2004. At minute 90, Vahan Gevorgyan replaced Piotr Włodarczyk. This was his only appearance for Poland.

France-Andorra 4-0, played in Montpellier on 28-05-2004. At minute 93, Alex Rodríguez replaced Antoni Lima. This was his only appearance for Andorra.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 26 12 10:42 AM

I think they confuse Alex Rodríguez with Alberto Rodríguez. On 17-08-2005, Andorra played against Romania, and they fielded Alberto Rodríguez (not Alex Rodríguez). So Alex has only one match for the National team.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Mar 4 12 9:41 AM

Another case from Poland. During the match Poland-Northern Ireland 4-1 played on 13/02/2002, the Polish goalkeeper Andrzej Bledzewski replaced Radosław Majdan at minute 90'. This was his only appearance for the National team.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Sep 25 12 6:20 PM

06-July-1972. Portugal-USSR 1-0 in Belo Horizonte. The Soviet goalkeeper Mikhail Forkash replaced Aleksandr Tkachenko at minute 89' in his only match for the National team.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Sep 26 12 3:12 PM

TovKirov wrote:
06-July-1972. Portugal-USSR 1-0 in Belo Horizonte. The Soviet goalkeeper Mikhail Forkash replaced Aleksandr Tkachenko at minute 89' in his only match for the National team.

One week before, in the same tournament (Brazil Independence Cup), Félix Mourinho (José's father) played his only six minutes of national team football in a match against the Republic of Ireland.

This national record has since been broken by Jorge Silva, who played only for three injury time minutes at a friendly match against Israel in 2000.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Sep 18 14 9:20 AM

Below, three players whose international career lasted just a couple of minutes.

14/02/1996 Turkey-Belarus 3-2
Oleg Avgul of Belarus débuted at 89'

24/04/1996 Switzerland-Wales 2-0
Christian Edwards of Wales débuted at 88'

11/11/1995 Hungary-Iceland 1-0
Zalán Zombori of Hungary débuted at 88'

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#11 [url]

Sep 18 14 3:13 PM

They must have done something really terrible in those few minutes to result in them not getting called up again.  Completely pointless to 'use' a substitute for 1 or 2 minutes.  I'd like to see a rule imposed where you have to make all your substitutes before the 80th minute.  That would get rid of all these time-wasting tactics (which, effectively, is what they are), and we can enjoy the last 10 minutes of a match without interruption.  If a player is injured after the 80th minute and has to leave the field, and all substitutes have been used up, the other team must nominate a player to leave the field to even up the numbers.  Simple.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Sep 22 14 6:13 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
If a player is injured after the 80th minute and has to leave the field, and all substitutes have been used up, the other team must nominate a player to leave the field to even up the numbers.  Simple.

Hmm, but then instead of subbing to waste time, players will just roll around on the floor even more to waste time.  And then get up.   So by forcing subs to be before minute 80, the net amount of time wasted might actually increase.

I still like the "Health and Safety" rule, which is that if a player goes down injured and is treated by any medical staff, then he has to be substituted.

Perhaps an even stricter version aimed at curbing wasted time as well as diving  :  if a player is "injured" or otherwise lying down for more than 10 seconds, he has to be substituted.   Let's call it the boxer's clause.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#14 [url]

Oct 5 14 10:52 PM

nfm24 wrote:
TheRoonBa wrote:
If a player is injured after the 80th minute and has to leave the field, and all substitutes have been used up, the other team must nominate a player to leave the field to even up the numbers.  Simple.

Hmm, but then instead of subbing to waste time, players will just roll around on the floor even more to waste time.  And then get up.   So by forcing subs to be before minute 80, the net amount of time wasted might actually increase.

I still like the "Health and Safety" rule, which is that if a player goes down injured and is treated by any medical staff, then he has to be substituted.

Perhaps an even stricter version aimed at curbing wasted time as well as diving  :  if a player is "injured" or otherwise lying down for more than 10 seconds, he has to be substituted.   Let's call it the boxer's clause.

I would like it if a huge clock sprung out of the referee's pocket and hung over the head of the 'injured' player, perhaps with a voice saying "this is a pleasant reminder that the clock has stopped until you get up or are substituted".

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#16 [url]

Oct 6 14 6:10 PM

I like this, though it reminds me of a lemon mousse. If the referee also made that exact expression, that would also help. I think, on the contrary, that they might get up, i only to get away from the awful scene of a clock-bearing grimacing man towering above them.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Oct 6 14 6:32 PM

He'd make a great referee. He has a dodgy time-piece and he can't see clear penalties due to those glasses.  His clock can double as a yellow card and his hat as a red.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Oct 7 14 5:31 PM

In case you didn't know, that gentleman goes by the name of 'Flava Flav' and is a rapper. Can't say I'm familiar with his work, I just know two things he's famous for: carrying giant clocks around, and a catchphrase he apparently invented smiley: eyes:

At least shows how he'd referee a fallen player diva, or something.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help