Remove this ad

Lead

May 25 12 6:26 PM

Tags : :

Sometimes matches got an awarded results:

02-06-2007 Denmark 3-3 Sweden became awarded 0-3 because a Danish supporter disturbed the game when Sweden was awarded a penalty kick in the 89th minute.

12-10-2010 Italy 0-0 Serbia became awarded 3-0 due to crowd troubles caused by Serbian fans (who also attacked their own goalkeeper).

Is it fair to change match results on things the teams are not to blame? Why FIFA/UEFA have changed these match results and why they did not when at least one player was tested positive on a doping test?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

May 25 12 7:07 PM

I don't want to speak about fans, because fans don't disturb matches. Besides any sick person who wants to upset a match can do this. And if it is his objection to spoil a game for both players and many real fans such foolish people have too much influence which they don't deserve.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

May 25 12 8:10 PM

I think arrest these hooligans and continue the match. In case of the Denmark - Sweden match imho the fool who disturbed the match could have been arrested and afterwards the penalty could have been taken. In this case Denmark - Sweden ended 3-3 or 3-4.

In case of Italy - Serbia the match could have been rescheduled. Why not? Imagine the match would have been cancelled due to weather circumstances? In that case a new date had to be fixed. So why this match has not been rescheduled?

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 26 12 9:59 AM

Well, but there have been cases where hooligans were not responsible for an awarded match.

03/09/1989 Brazil-Chile 1-0. FIFA later awarded Brazil a 2-0 win because of the unsporting behaviour of the Chilean goalkeeper, Roberto Rojas.

On the same day, the legendary Italian Captain Gaetano Scirea lost his life in a tragic crash.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

May 26 12 10:02 AM

Fast Midfielder wrote:

In case of Italy - Serbia the match could have been rescheduled. Why not? Imagine the match would have been cancelled due to weather circumstances? In that case a new date had to be fixed. So why this match has not been rescheduled?

This was one of the numerous cases of "crowd turbulence" heavily disturbing the regular development and/or continuation of a Match.
The details can be different, but essentially, as far as I know, all the Committees (UEFA and single FA's) act in the same way: the party which is deemed as responsible (directly or indirectly) of the "external disturb" is punished with the loss of the Match.
You can say (and I fully agree with you) that Sport suffers from these decisions, but UEFA correctly followed a "general" rule.
Also in our national Champ. we have the same rule.
What about yours?
Of course "weather turbulences" are out of the above, and therefore the Match is replayed or continued afterwards, according to the circumstances.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 26 12 10:09 AM

Luca wrote:
03/09/1989 Brazil-Chile 1-0. FIFA later awarded Brazil a 2-0 win because of the unsporting behaviour of the Chilean goalkeeper, Roberto Rojas.

Strange decision. Why Rojas did not received a red card?

Giampaolo wrote:
Also in our national Champ. we have the same rule.
What about yours?

Sometimes the match will be replayed completely, sometimes they wil play the remaining time on a later stage (I remember once even half a year later) and sometimes the result at the moment the match was abandonded stands as final result. So in Holland there is no consistency about this matter.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 26 12 3:52 PM

pieter wrote:
I think Rojas simulated he was hit by an object thrown by a supporter and he was carried out "wounded" but it was fake.....

It was a World Cup qualifier if I remember right; therefore FIFA banned Chile from the 1994 qualifiers as a result.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

May 30 12 9:23 AM

In South America there have been several cases of awarded results. A clamorous episode happened during the South American Championship 1953.

08/03/1953 Peru-Paraguay 2-2

Conmebol awarded the win to Peru, because Paraguay effected four substitutions (the limit was three). During this nervous match, the Paraguayan footballer Milner Ayala attacked the referee and was banned for three years. Paraguay later was able to win the South American Championship.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

May 30 12 9:27 PM

On 29-10-1933 there was this Switzerland 2-2 Romania World Cup qualifying match. As Romania fielded an ineligible player (Baratky) FIFA changed match result in a 2-0 win for Switzerland. However in all publications I can find the match has a 2-2 final result. Even at FIFA's list regarding match results........

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

May 31 12 8:27 AM

In 1974 World Cup qualifying tournament the USSR NT had not reported for playing the second leg against Chile on November 21, 1973. The Soviet FA had refused to play the match on the National Stadium in Santiago and asked FIFA to transfer it in a neutral country (after the Augusto Pinochet's military coup d'état). It declared that Soviet sportsmen cannot play on "the bloody stadium" (there were some death penalties on the National Stadium after the military coup).

Chilean team was waiting their rival at the field on that day. The squad was: Juan Olivares, Juan Machuca, Alberto Quintano, Antonio Arias, Francisco Valdés, Gullermo Páez, Elías Figueroa, Sergio Ahumada, Juan Manuel Rodríguez, Carlos Caszely, Carlos Reinoso.

After the starting whistle they scored a goal in the empty net to make a little show for spectators. Then they played a friendly against Brazilian Santos and lost 5-0.

FIFA awarded the win 2-0 to Chile on January 5, 1974.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

May 31 12 12:44 PM

ther ewere no death penalties, just executions and torture on massive scale; still do not understand FIFA accepted the match to be played in that horror-stadium. And I think in hat time it was awarded 3-0...

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

May 31 12 2:47 PM

in Belgium an awarded game is 5-0; I think in international football it was 3-0 in that time and now it is 2-0; so they might have changed it afterwards....but I might be wrong ...

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

May 31 12 8:11 PM

TovKirov wrote:
After the starting whistle they scored a goal in the empty net to make a little show for spectators.

How pointless! This reminds me of Estonia vs Scotland in 1996, except at the referee abandoned the game after 3 seconds before Scotland could score.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jun 1 12 5:40 AM

nfm24 wrote:
TovKirov wrote:
After the starting whistle they scored a goal in the empty net to make a little show for spectators.

How pointless! This reminds me of Estonia vs Scotland in 1996, except at the referee abandoned the game after 3 seconds before Scotland could score.

It was a whistle of the Chilean referee Rafael Hormazábal Díaz. The official referee of the match was Erich Linemayr from Austria. He had arrived in Santiago, but refused to take part in a performance.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jun 3 12 10:40 AM

Provisional list

29-10-1933 Switzerland 2-2 Romania -> 2-0 on World Cup qualifying the table, result however is listed as 2-2.
08-03-1953 Peru 2-2 Paraguay -> result remained 2-2 but Peru got 2 points on the table, Paraguay got 0 points.
21-11-1973 Chile n-p USSR -> 2-0
03-09-1989 Brazil 1-0 Chile -> 2-0
02-06-2007 Denmark 3-3 Sweden -> 0-3
12-10-2010 Italy 0-0 Serbia -> 3-0

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help