Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 15 12 9:10 AM

Tags : :

in Chile not in Brasil as scheduled...

they do not talk about 16 teams anymore....?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Dec 23 14 10:48 PM

China would have been as interesting, same with Japan, certainly a stand-out feature of the tournament, especially when it's someone other than the usual Mexico/USA/Costa Rica guest list. How far down would you have to go to find a South American nation not in COMNEBOL, such as Suriname, French Guiana, or the Falkland Islands smiley: wink?

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#6 [url]

Dec 24 14 12:46 PM

England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales could all play, on the basis of being part of the UK, which has dependencies in the Caribbean. Denmark and Sweden could be invited as having formerly had territorial possessions in the Caribbean.

Alternatively, China could be invited as it has paid for stadiums in no fewer than 9 CONCACAF countries.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Dec 24 14 4:48 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
Alternatively, China could be invited as it has paid for stadiums in no fewer than 9 CONCACAF countries.

On that logic, only their Asian Cup obligations are keeping them from preparing for the African Cup of Nations right now...

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Dec 24 14 7:53 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales could all play, on the basis of being part of the UK, which has dependencies in the Caribbean. Denmark and Sweden could be invited as having formerly had territorial possessions in the Caribbean.

So I guess we can split the qualiying rounds into a Caribbean and European zone.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Dec 24 14 10:39 PM

If we think about how the Cayman Islands planned to use British players with no previous relation to the islands to represent them in World Cup qualifiers in 2000, we can imagine now strong selections of French, Dutch and British players could take part in CONCACAF tournaments...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jan 29 15 7:52 PM

So Mexico have launched a new set of kits for this tournament, the home one especially looks great but that is offset by the fact that they are flying hugely in the face of tradition, so the marketing tagline seems fairly appropriate.

Then again, Mexico aren't averse to changing their home colours, they used to have maroon before green, and for a while white with Hugo Sanchez as coach, with the Ferguson-esque excuse that they camouflaged too much in green.

Are these new kits going to only be for the Copa America, or for everything else as well?

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jun 14 15 8:47 AM

Independently of their début (2-2 against Paraguay), I expect something important from Argentina this year. 22 years without winning are enough. They are obliged to do a great tournament, reaching at least the final.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jun 15 15 7:13 PM

This year the level is quite high. With the exception of the Uruguayan Luis Suárez and of the Brazilian Oscar, all the South American stars are competing. This is a good step forward for Copa América. I remember, in the recent past, the most important countries fielded very restricted teams. In 2001 Argentina even refused to appear.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jun 17 15 9:05 AM

At the moment Brazil have a player (Neymar) who represents the 50% of the strength of the whole team. But I don't understand how David Luiz can play as a centre-back. He commits too many errors in that position. He's a good midfielder, not a defender. But nobody seems to understand it.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jun 21 15 9:01 AM

Talking about centre-backs, I predict very good prospects to the Uruguayan José María Giménez. He's only 20 and plays for Atlético de Madrid. Really very good. Remember this name, he can become one of the best in his position.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#19 [url]

Jun 22 15 6:37 AM

nfm24 wrote:
He is like somebody who has won a lottery to play football, and the coach is forced to pick him.

Perhaps his shampoo supplier also supports the team.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jun 25 15 6:59 PM

I saw the second half of Chile-Uruguay 1-0 and I'm very disappointed by Uruguay. They played in an obsolete way, just never-ending defence and nothing more. They fell trapped in the provoking attitude of the Chileans and lost their head.
Anyway Chile didn't rob the qualification. They proved to be more team than Uruguay. They're well arranged, with a couple of good individualities, but nothing wonderful. The Argentina I saw in the first games seemed superior, especially in attack.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help