Remove this ad

#61 [url]

Mar 22 13 10:16 AM

Turkmenistan are 6-0 up on Cambodia. I reckon both them and the Philippines will qualify as whoever comes 2nd should rack up enough goals. From that, it seems there could be a new Asian Cup qualify. Without looking into it would I be correct in saying just Burma and Turkmenistan have made it before?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#62 [url]

Mar 22 13 3:54 PM

I believe so

Currently, it looks like:
Philippines, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Bangladesh, Burma, Maldives, Afghanistan, Palestine

Turkmenistan will be one of the favourites (if not the favourite) to qualify. Palestine and Philippines will also have a chance.

Quote    Reply   

#66 [url]

Feb 12 14 1:41 PM

Group A: Maldives, Myanmar, Kyrgyzstan and Palestine.
Group B: Turkmenistan, Laos, Afghanistan and Philippines.

Maldives vs Myanmar is the opening game. Group B looks a lot stronger. I fancy a Philippines vs Palestine final.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#67 [url]

Feb 13 14 2:34 AM

Afghanistan has a good chance of qualifying for the Asian Cup. They are definitely capable of finishing 2nd in their group, and I think they could beat any of the teams in Group A in the semi-finals. All depends on what version of the Philippines turns up. Group A looks very tight. Laos look like the only one of the 8 teams who have no chance of making the semi-finals.

I think both groups are equally strong.

Quote    Reply   

#68 [url]

Feb 17 14 3:42 PM

would teams like Hongkong, Yemen, Malaysia, Libanon win this competition? Are they really stronger then Palestine, Turkmenistan, etc...? Why are they in the real AC-qualifiying....what are the criteria for the AFC?

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

May 19 14 12:12 PM

hasĀ  Maldives a (once in a lifetime) chance of making it to the Asia Cup? They have a good team and home advantage....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#72 [url]

May 20 14 1:25 AM

Palestine and Philippines also have a good chance to qualify for the first time. Maybe even Afghanistan.

Maldives probably need to beat both Kyrgyzstan and Palestine now - it could be difficult.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#73 [url]

May 24 14 12:54 PM

So, we'll have a new team in the Asian Cup:

Maldives-Philippines and Palestine-Afghanistan are the AFC Challenge Cup semi-finals. I fancy Palestine to qualify. 160,000 Filipinos in Australia, so Philippines might be better for commercial reasons. Compare this to 16,000 Afghans, 7,000 Palestinians and 450 Maldivians.

Last Edited By: TheRoonBa May 24 14 4:43 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#74 [url]

May 30 14 12:51 PM

if Palestine makes it , every Middle East country (except Yemen) will have played the Asia Cup at least once.... Palestine seems favourite to win the final , I think...

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#80 [url]

May 30 14 8:46 PM

Sensini wrote:
So after the "Panenka" and the "Cruyff variant" we now have the "Adubarey"...
I think he wanted to score the penalty with a header, but went too early to the ground ;-)

Yes, footballers always think they are taller than they really are.

He does almost appear to deliberately trip himself up.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help